OT - Free Cruise?

gumballz

I received a card today in the mail. It says that if my husband and I go and listen to a 90 minute presentation at a time share in Sedona, AZ........we'll get a 7 night cruise on either Carnival, Norwegian or RCCL free (restrictions apply, of course). There's also bonuses for calling within a certain time frame and going mid-week ($200 gift check and $500 air voucher and 3 days 2 night hotel at a few different locations).

Has anyone done one of these? Is it worth it to go and listen and put up with the high pressure sales? What kind of restrictions are there? I assume I'll have to pay all taxes and port charges........but what else? I'd hate to waste a day, but then.....if I get a free 7 night cruise for two out of it....it's worth it. Anyone have feedback on this? :confused:

Thanks!

My advice: toss the "free cruise" card in the trash. You will have to endure a 90 minute long (minimum - could stretch to 3 hour long) high pressure sales pitch for time-shares, and once you do get your certificate for the "free cruise", you will end up having to pay so much in port charges, taxes, etc., and deal with restrictions on travel times that your head will just spin. If you are interested in taking a cruise, by all means check the prices online with the cruise lines directly, with a travel agent of your choice, or a reputable online agent. You can then be assured of travelling when and where you want for the amount of money you wish to spend.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

My brother and his wife did something just like that. They went to the 90 minute presentation and got a free 7 day cruise on Carnival. The sales pressure is pretty tough. The cruise is not free, just steeply discounted. They pay for the cruise, but you pay for the gov't fees and taxes which is a little less than half of the price of a cruise. A $700 per person cruise ended up being about $300 each. It is not a bad deal if you aren't too picky about which ship you go on and are willing to be flexible with your schedule. You have to cruise during off season and cannot cruise during the expensive summer months, during any holiday, or when school's out. It was perfect for them since they'd never cruised before and this kind of helped them get their feet wet so to speak. They give you vouchers and you have to call and make the reservations yourself through a separate company. My brother and his wife picked a cruise, but got turned down the first time because there were no vacancies. The second one they picked they got.;)

:mad: What a Joke we went to our first presentation to get our free Cruise and it was one of the Hostile Presentations I have ever been on, worse then dealing with a dealership when buying a new car. They just couldnt take the word no for an answer, anyways she finally slammed the Cruise Certificate on the table and walked away, didnt even walk us to the door.

I submitted the Certificate to a travel company out of Canada, then something came back with 3 time frames for the Paradise out of Long Beach, like a 3 day cruise. I selected Feb 25th of this year and mailed it back all with in the time frames, also sent them a 259.00 check for port charges, taxes etc.

Once Jan. came I started to worry and kept calling and calling, I would only get a person at the front desk, finally I told them to find someone NOW!!!, no one would return my calls etc.

This person checked out my invoice number on that certificate and told me the person that was on my case had quit and no one took over his files, so my so call Certificate Cruise was in the drawer somewhere, She said I still had 1 year to book the Cruise, I told her thanks but I was already set for that date, thats when I could take off.... I just figured I would never sail and it was surely a Scam, Im sure the following year would of resulted the same.

Got my 259.00 back asap as I threaten them with a law suit and reporting them to the BBB etc.

Lessons learned, never again attend those Time Share Bullsh..t presentations

Archived