Pick your perk on European bookings? + price drop

Yanis

I noticed recently that there was a price drop on our cruise, approximately $1000 for our family, as kids now seem to sail free. I emailed them to ask about this, but they said the only thing I could do was to cancel (for a 5% fee) and then book again.

We have the 123go on our existing booking, and I am wondering if I could cancel, rebook and then use the pick your perk? I am booking from Europe. When I try to make a booking on the X website the promo codes don't really seem to work, but I can't find anything in the t&c about this being valid in the US only? On 123go I know there were different codes for US and Europe. However, there is a line saying "Any existing booking (Offer Status, Booked Status & Courtesy Hold) that is cancelled on or after 19 February 2014 and is rebooked for the same ship and sailing within the Sale period will not be eligible to receive the offer."

Does this mean that it won't work?

Trying to add up all the costs but I suppose we will be better of cancelling and rebooking anyway. Can we get the same cabin etc etc if doing that? I suppose you just do it over the phone, cancelling to vacate that cabin, and then booking it again?

Did your version of the 123 offer give you 2 options plus a drink package for the kids since it was a European itenerary? I believe pick your perk just gives you one option. This May tip the scales in favor of not rebooking.

Did your version of the 123 offer give you 2 options plus a drink package for the kids since it was a European itenerary? I believe pick your perk just gives you one option. This May tip the scales in favor of not rebooking.

Yes it did, we got drinks packages for all of us, plus $200 OBC. I think it included some internet packages for the children as well? But can't remember seeing it on our confirmation when I come to think of it.

I booked on the uk site in January, with 123Go, choosing drinks and grats.

Last week, changed the booking to a better cabin at a lower price after a big price drop on CC and AQ.

Chose the UKdrinks perk to keep the free classic beverage package. Will have to pay gratuities. Still worth it.

You might as well ask.

Stuart

I booked on the uk site in January, with 123Go, choosing drinks and grats.

Last week, changed the booking to a better cabin at a lower price after a big price drop on CC and AQ.

Chose the UKdrinks perk to keep the free classic beverage package. Will have to pay gratuities. Still worth it.

You might as well ask.

Stuart

But did you cancel the original booking and then made a new booking?