New Homeport for Summer 2015 Confirmed!

hi everyone

My daughter is getting married in October and we went along to the Wedding show in Manchester on Saturday. We got talking to the Thomson team who had a stall there I got talking cruises to one of the guys he was impressed on how many we had been on and my knowledge of all the fleet! I asked him was Cyprus going to be the new port for 2015 and he said not!! But that it was going to be Croatia. He also told me not to tell anyone whoops!! If true that would be great I love Croatia and it has some lovely stops. Does anyone remember the lovely stop off at Korcula I think 2012. Fingers crossed for Croatia.

hi everyone

My daughter is getting married in October and we went along to the Wedding show in Manchester on Saturday. We got talking to the Thomson team who had a stall there I got talking cruises to one of the guys he was impressed on how many we had been on and my knowledge of all the fleet! I asked him was Cyprus going to be the new port for 2015 and he said not!! But that it was going to be Croatia. He also told me not to tell anyone whoops!! If true that would be great I love Croatia and it has some lovely stops. Does anyone remember the lovely stop off at Korcula I think 2012. Fingers crossed for Croatia.

We did Korcula in 2010 - think that was the last time Thomson did it; can't believe they dropped that beautiful place!

Certainly plenty of Cruise & Stay opportunities in Dubrovink area

We did Korcula in 2010 - think that was the last time Thomson did it; can't believe they dropped that beautiful place!

Certainly plenty of Cruise & Stay opportunities in Dubrovink area

That would be really exciting!! Cruise and stay in Croatia mmmmm

Everything is pointed to Dubrovnik then! One of my favourite places in the world so I'd be very pleased by this, plus the itineraries they could do from here would be brilliant!

Some questions though:

1. Does Port Gruz have the infrastructure for a port terminal etc.

2. Only Gatwick, Manchester and Birmingham flights currently once a week on a Sunday. These will have to seriously increase!

3. Unusual to use such a popular port as a turnaround port?

hi everyone

Looks to be Croatia then!!!

Did he say where abouts in Croatia? :)

I guessed it based on the window! Interesting that there are not many flights though and as we use Exeter and everywhere is a long way particularly as we still don't have a railway line...... will be difficult.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile

I guessed it based on the window! Interesting that there are not many flights though and as we use Exeter and everywhere is a long way particularly as we still don't have a railway line...... will be difficult.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile

You may be lucky - if this is the new home port, from Sailaway's research they will clearly have to increase their departures from the uk and it would make sense to disperse them around the country (usp flying from ??? regional airports!). I would guess therefore that Exeter or Bournemouth would figure (but not both, they seem to alternate departures from these two airports - one year you can get flights to Bournemouth to Maramaris for example and the next year flights will be from Exeter - likewise Corfu.) We like Exeter airport - much preferring to travel west than hike up to Gatwick - obviously Exeter will bebetter for you - but Bournemouth's better than Gatwick. Perhaps Bristol would be even more convenient - whichever, let's keep our fingers crossed for some coverage of the SW. ;)

I guess our friends in Scotland are looking for more coverage there too - from what they've been reporting they're getting a poor deal for some destinations. Hopefully we'll all be catered for! :rolleyes:

Edited by kruzseeka

I still think it could be Rhodes! They go there from virtually every UK airport although at the moment there is no cruise terminal there....

Would they really put on hundreds of extra flights to Dubrovnik? Is it not a huge gamble ? :confused:

You mkae a very good point Jules but your comment about the absence of a cruise terminal could be the clincher! Is there a suitable commercial port? It wouldn't be the first time we've used those! But they would certainly have to significantly increase flights to Dubrovnik if that's the base too so problems either way. :confused:

As an asides, I was surprised to see how many flights go to Zakynthos.

They are certainly teasing us and maintaining interest. Clever move! ;)

You mkae a very good point Jules but your comment about the absence of a cruise terminal could be the clincher! Is there a suitable commercial port? It wouldn't be the first time we've used those! But they would certainly have to significantly increase flights to Dubrovnik if that's the base too so problems either way. :confused:

Depending whether it is Dubrovnik or Rhodes will make a significant difference to the back to back itineraries. Interesting.

I am watching the flight situation eagerly, Kruzseeka ;)

wow a new homeport...fantastic....croatia (I hope it is)....sounds/looks lovely....have never been there...lovely to have somewhere new to explore and on the celebration too (my favorite ship):cool:

hope they will fly there from exeter (or b/mouth) even better:cool:

it sounds fab…and only a short hop over to venice (never been there either)....now they only need to do canada and alaska and I'll be an extremely happy thomsons bunny:)

Hello Geo

I thought you were in the Carribean or are you due to go shortly?

You really must get yourself on an Adriatic Cruise; I assumed the experienced cruiser that you are that you had already been there! Think it has to be one of the best places; Venice & all around old 'Yugoslavia' ;)

I must be wrong - it only seemed a small port when we were there. The Costa Classica home ports from Rhodes; this is a 53,000 tons ship with up to 1800 passengers so Rhodes clearly copes with that!!

Also found some information re Dubrovnik; see link:-

http://www.invest-croatia.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Dubrovnik_terminal.pdf

Edited by Julessmiles