Question for past December cruisers regarding number of children

Zoey

We sailed December 2-9, 2012. We had a 5 yr and 13 yr old. There were not many kids on the ship who participated in the kids program. I think there were about 6-8 teens and about a dozen or so kids regularly in the 2-5 age group. But for our kids, it was a bonus. The staff had much more time with the kids and they were able to play with what they wanted anytime they wanted instead of having to take turns. The teen coordinators took the kids to an "evening out" where they asked the kids to get dressed up and they took them to the MDR and then to the show that evening. He felt very grown up:)

There were still plenty of kids to play with but it was not crazy. We came home with a portfolio of artwork from the youngest kiddo. Lots of art projects. He couldn't wait to go. On the last sea day, I opened my eyes at 7:30am to find the 5 year old inches from my face. He pounced when my eyes opened and said, "Is the kid's club open yet?"

We usually cruised the first or second week of December from NYC and found very few kids onboard. Actually the ship never seemed full. I guess so close to Christmas a lot of people don't want to spend the $$$ or are too busy with parties, etc. I enjoyed the peace. We even got a great upsell from a regular balcony to a 2 bedroom suite one December for only $600.

We usually cruised the first or second week of December from NYC and found very few kids onboard. Actually the ship never seemed full.

I agree with above poster. I have sailed the first or second week in December from NYC several times and there are only a few kids, the ship is never full, and the prices are excellent. In early Dec. we have seen them putting together the gorgeous gingerbread village and other Christmas decorations which is fun.

I agree with above poster. I have sailed the first or second week in December from NYC several times and there are only a few kids, the ship is never full, and the prices are excellent. In early Dec. we have seen them putting together the gorgeous gingerbread village and other Christmas decorations which is fun.

Those are all the reasons that we decided to go with December for our cruise. Lower prices, fewer kids, and decorated for Christmas.