WESTERDAM FROM VENICE 4/25

johninbelltown

Any other gays booked on the inaugural cruise of the new Westerdam from Venice? If so, would love to hear from you. My partner and I (early 40's) will onboard and would love to meet others for cocktails and onboard fun!
John in Seattle, Washington

We (party of 6 family members) will be on the second cruise leaving May 7th. Have you booked any of the excursions? We have downloaded the file, but are not sure which ones are better than others. In some ports, I think you can probably just walk off the ship and make arrangements then.

We have booked a few of the shore excursions with the cruise ship where time in port was limited and we wanted to go to areas outside of the port that were not easily reached.
In ports such as Piraeus, you can get to
Athens via the new subway and get off at the new station at the foot of the Acroplis in the fashionable Plaka district. Dubrovnik is such a fascinating port, you walk off and it's all there. Santorini has excellent public transport and is easi to reach by bus as well as Oai to the north. We booked a private tour with a gay tour operator in Kusadasi who is going to take us around as well to a Turkkish hamman for less than half of what the cruise lines is charging for a lesser tour.
Just do what I did - a google search on each port and you can find out just about anything you want to know.
Enjoy your cruise, we are certainly looking forward to ours.

Archived