How crowded is Spice on the Getaway.

lwrandall

Trying to decide if I am going to make the mad dash for Vibe passes or is Spice good enough. Is Spice wall to wall people? Are their chair hounds taking seats at 8am every day?

.....if I didn't have a Haven suite (since the Haven has it's own sundeck) I would have jumped at the chance to get them again this year on the Getaway. The area was super quiet last year and we really didn't deal with any crowds up there.

We had a Spa Mini-suite last year on the Breakaway. So for the whole entire trip, you would either find us in the Spa or Vibe. Other than going to the buffet a couple of times, we never used the general area on the ship so never ever dealt with any crowds.

Now unfortunately, for my upcoming cruise I will have to buy the Spa passes for the week. I know I could have gotten a Spa Suite but the cabin was not in the Haven complex and that was what the Queen desired.

I would say get the Vibe passes, well worth it.

:cool:

wasiii

Trying to decide if I am going to make the mad dash for Vibe passes or is Spice good enough. Is Spice wall to wall people? Are their chair hounds taking seats at 8am every day?

Spice is not crowded at 8am....because there are no pools there. The most crowded was the center of the ship..where the pool, stage, bars, right outside of the buffet, sales (from the gift shop), Sabrett hot dog stand (at certain times)....a smoking tent....all of the activity games...(like Battle of the sexes..etc.). Spice is quiet and boring. Lol....If you go to where the pool is, I DO advise getting there early.

We were on the Getaway Feb. 22nd, the Spice H20 area was not too crowded. Glad we didn't do Vibe. Nice waterfalls and hot tubs in Spice. Only hot tubs in Vibe. There is also a bar in Spice. No huge differences besides a guaranteed spot. Also there are lots of spots to find loungers on upper decks. Staff walks around with frozen fruit, little smoothies, cold towels, etc. in all areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now I'm getting more confused... To Vibe or not to Vibe, that is the question.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My opinion, save the $79 bucks.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I was on the Getaway last week and i whould go to Spice everymor ing at 9 am and there was always seats avialble. While there is little shade back there other then a few unbrellas it was never tot ge point that i could not find aplace on a lounge chair. The only problem might be if you are looking for more then two or three together. But save your money are ship was completly sold out and never without a seat in spice.