explore 4

esimon

Scroll on down and enjoy the postings of POA1, Wine and Corkage and Bars, Oh my. Not only will you entertained all your questions and more will be answered. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We had it on the Maasdam and Noordam in the Caribbean in Jan/Feb. Works fine - used the drink card during Happy Hour in Crows Nest. When we got on board there was a card with our Pinnacle Grill reservation date and time. On the Maasdam we were given 5:30 on embarkation day. Tried to change the day/time but there were only very limited openings but it worked out fine. On the Noordam we were also given an early time on embarkation day - was able to change it without a problem to a later day. Nice perk:)

What we did was pre-pay a Pinnacle reservation. That way, we selected the time and day we wanted. We then went to the Pinnacle upon boarding, and asked the Pinnacle manager to note that that reservation should be noted as our Explore 4 dinner/complimentary. We then had him cancel the E4 one he made for us (I want to say it was for 5:30 or something way too early for us).

If you don't mind your pre-paid Pinnacle fee being refunded via OBC (and maybe following up to make sure you get your $$ back), this is the way to go. On our cruise, there were 900+ Pinnacle reservations that had to be booked under Explore 4. When we tried to change a reservation, there was very little wiggle room.

anyone used this package yet? would love to know what you liked or didn't like about it -- we have it for an inside passage in May

Some Explore 4 packages came with a $50 beverage card that you could use... well, for beverages. These cards were without limitation. If I am correct, Alaska gets the full Signature Beverage Card. We had to buy ours but it was for the good of mankind and womankind. (Not little kid kind, because underage drinking is wrong. Just say "No" children!)