Bloody Caesars, wine by the glass on NE & Canada cruise

My cruising partners are very keen to purchase either the Premium or Ultimate packages on our NE/Canada cruise on Legend of the Seas. I'm not a huge drinker but being able to enjoy a couple of Bloody Caesars each night may be the tipping point for my decision.

The cocktail I miss most of all on returning to Australia after living in Canada is the Bloody Caesar. Does anyone know if they serve these on the NE/Canada cruises?

We normally purchase a wine package (two of us would tend to finish a bottle each meal) but are happy to go with wine by the glass at dinner in the MDR if the service is efficient. ie I don't want my main to be served and have to wait 10 minutes for a glass of wine. Would love to get feedback from recent cruisers on how they found the wine by the glass service?

Bloody Caesars are on the fleetwide drink menu. Go here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1987450&highlight=ultimate

Scroll down to post #15 and the third photo is the page with the Bloody Marys.

Thanks Aero, that's great as some of the other photos on other threads don't show the BC. I couldn't make out the price but gather it is within the package limits? I spent the summer of '72 babysitting in Grosse Pointe (I lived in Windsor).

My cruising partners are very keen to purchase either the Premium or Ultimate packages on our NE/Canada cruise on Legend of the Seas. I'm not a huge drinker but being able to enjoy a couple of Bloody Caesars each night may be the tipping point for my decision.

The cocktail I miss most of all on returning to Australia after living in Canada is the Bloody Caesar. Does anyone know if they serve these on the NE/Canada cruises?

We normally purchase a wine package (two of us would tend to finish a bottle each meal) but are happy to go with wine by the glass at dinner in the MDR if the service is efficient. ie I don't want my main to be served and have to wait 10 minutes for a glass of wine. Would love to get feedback from recent cruisers on how they found the wine by the glass service?

The last time I had a Caesar on a ship, was when my friend Julie, a Sydneysider, sent me off with a bottle of Clamato juice. We took it to a bar and asked the bartender to prepare a Bloody Mary, short of the mix, and then we used our own. It was wonderful. We rationed that bottle, as we really enjoy our Caesars. Shirley. (Is this you, Julie?)

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I did a lousy job with those photos and have gotten better at photo posting. Here is a better look (and really makes me want one NOW):

13221222314_ba8c3416df.jpg

They are $7.50 according to what I found about 5-week ago.

Thanks. This gives us something to look forward to!

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This might be a little apples & oranges since we did our NE/Canada cruise on Princess. But they did offer items with a Canadian slant, even so far as making beautiful cakes with the flag on them for Canada day.

But on all our RC cruises we've found they offer local dishes, so my bet is they have extra Clamato on board for the Canadian cruises.

Sarvowinner - we've driven through Windsor many times, going from Buffalo to Detroit.

Yes, Shirley, it's me :). So funny when we realised we went to Jamaica together in the early 70s when were studying Tourism.

I found the clamato juice in a dusty local shop in St Kitts. The ship was about to leave & I grabbed as many as I could.

After almost 30 years of a clamato drought here in Sydney Australia, I've USA Foods in Melbourne & order on-line. Pricey, but it's lovely to have a Bloody Caesar occasionally.

Edited by Sarvowinner