Port Canaveral Transportation

mulan1123

My family and I has booked a cruise on Freedom of the Seas in November and obviously its home port is Port Canaveral. Since we are flying in from Canada, we want to fly in a day earlier and leave a day later (airfare is cheaper that way).

Are there any shuttle (to and from the airport and port) and hotel packages??

I found a website called portcanaveralcruiser.com but I couldn't find anything on them.

Any suggestions??

My family and I has booked a cruise on Freedom of the Seas in November and obviously its home port is Port Canaveral. Since we are flying in from Canada, we want to fly in a day earlier and leave a day later (airfare is cheaper that way).

I found a website called portcanaveralcruiser.com but I couldn't find anything on them.

Any suggestions??

Since Port Canaveral is 45 minutes from the airport, it is difficult to find any hotels with airport shuttle packages. You might try looking on the Florida Departures board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Most people in your situation would do a one-way car rental, both coming and going. There are several car rental agencies in the PC area with free shuttles to the cruise port. Those rentals are not expensive in Florida, and having a car would give you some flexibility in dining and shopping if necessary.

Edited by clarea

Based on suggestions from prior cruisers, we rented a car at the Orlando airport & dropped it off prior to boarding the ship. They had a shuttle from the rental facility to the port. Upon return, we just grabbed the shuttle back to the rental agency, picked up our car and then retured to the rental facility in Orlando. It was very easy. Hope that helps.

Any suggestions??

We used a company called Travel Lynx.

We booked with Cocoa Beach Shuttle (cbshuttle dot com) for our upcoming cruise out of Port Canaveral. There are 6 of us total and it was right at $33/per person both ways- taking us to our hotel and then picking us up at the port returning to MCO. (Our hotel has a shuttle to the port.) We didn't want to bother with a rental car, especially one big enough for 6 people and all that luggage.

Our problem is that there will be 6 adults. Even if we rent a van, there will be no room for our luggage....

But that is an option.....

You can rent full sized (non mini) vans. We've put 8 people with bags in a full size van before.

We booked with Cocoa Beach Shuttle (cbshuttle dot com) for our upcoming cruise out of Port Canaveral. There are 6 of us total and it was right at $33/per person both ways- taking us to our hotel and then picking us up at the port returning to MCO. (Our hotel has a shuttle to the port.) We didn't want to bother with a rental car, especially one big enough for 6 people and all that luggage.

That sounds like a great option. I think my brother looked into this while calling a couple of hotels around the port. I think that's the way we are probably going,

We stayed in Orlando the night before at the Holiday Inn Express right by the airport. The next morning, we took a shuttle to Port Canaveral. AAA super ride dot com. It was $38pp rountrip. We we were picked up in a large 15 passenger van with a trailer. Plenty of room for us, and the luggage. We had a good experience and would do it again. It was great to have the ride back to Orlando included, very convenient!

Enjoy your cruise!

That sounds like a great option. I think my brother looked into this while calling a couple of hotels around the port. I think that's the way we are probably going,

If you use CB Shuttle, mention Cruise Critic for a 10% discount.

Also, you can google Port Canaveral fly stay cruise. There are a number of hotels in Cocoa Beach that will pick you up at the airport, take you to the hotel for a night, and then bring you to the port. It's a package rate. The return trip to Orlando is usually NOT included, so take that into account when you're pricing things out. :)

I found this company, we have 11 in our group in feb. icalled and ask about what they consider a round trip. from mco to hotel in port Canaveral area and pick after cruise to airport. or pick up at Orlando hotel to pier and back after. just get an Orlando hotel with a free shuttle to and from mco

There are at least 2 hotels in cocoa beach that offer a package deal. Courtyard and comfort inn & suites.

I have the courtyard booked for October. It's 203.00 for R/T transportation from and back to MCO (Orlando) 1 night hotel and transportation to the port.

You have to call and ask as it doesn't show on their web sites.

There are at least 2 hotels in cocoa beach that offer a package deal. Courtyard and comfort inn & suites.

I have the courtyard booked for October. It's 203.00 for R/T transportation from and back to MCO (Orlando) 1 night hotel and transportation to the port.

You have to call and ask as it doesn't show on their web sites.

The price you got from Courtyard, was that for two people or per person?

Also, you can google Port Canaveral fly stay cruise. There are a number of hotels in Cocoa Beach that will pick you up at the airport, take you to the hotel for a night, and then bring you to the port. It's a package rate. The return trip to Orlando is usually NOT included, so take that into account when you're pricing things out. :)

There are plenty of options that include RT shuttle. I've found several of them and was considering, but are now leaning more towards doing the rental car option for one night so that we can go to the store, dinner, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

My family and I used Cocoa Beach Shuttle last October. They are priced reasonably, super friendly, and reliable!!!! Give them a call and they can help you work out your arrangements. We booked 3 pick ups with them. There were 11 of us so we did the private shuttle for 2 trips (to and from MCO airport) and the shared trip following the cruise as we needed to get back to our hotel. I would definitely recommend them!!

Edited by simms03