water on the ship

MrsMSD

If anyone knows the answer to this question, I know my CC experts will know......

Is the water on the ship ok to drink? How is it filtered? Does it have any funny taste? Is it a must that we purchase water to bring on board?

Thanks for all info.

The water is safe to drink, but liking the taste and smell of it is a matter of personal opinion and preference. It isn't as bad when you drink it on ice in the dining room, but straight out of the tap in the cabin isn't so good IMO. And the water tastes better on some ships than others.

Carnival makes their own drinking water out of sea water.

Carnival sells bottled water. The large bottles are almost $5 with the auto tip added. I usually go through at least one large bottle per day. If you buy the Cheers package, you get a 25% discount on bottled water purchased at the bars.

Edited by winddawn

The water on Carnival's Fascination has the worst taste and smell of any cruise ship I have ever been on. I have complained several times to no avail.

Dennis

Jacksonville, Fl

560 days at sea

50 cruises

12 cruise lines

T/P, T/A, Hawaii, Central & South America, New Zealand & South Pacific, Rio/ Amazon, Alaska

Lots of opinions on water. I guess it is just up to the individual. I recall on our first cruise (over 20 years ago) that we did not like the water. We asked for lemons and sugar and made lemonade out of our water in MDR. But on last few cruises in 2011 and 2014 the water was great and there are so many other choices of things to drink if you don't like the water. Lemonade and ice tea are readily available and many juices as well. I would suggest if you like the juice to fill up a container in the morning and bring to your fridge because they switch to lemonade in the afternoon or you can always order juice from room service without having to pay for it at the bar.