Beer!

bobandalice

Looking at a Caribbean itinerary next year. 10-11 day. Just off Celebrity, and enjoyed it, but....here is the make or break moment...do they have Mich Ultra? Saw it listed on a list of beers available with the drink package, BUT, not on pictures of the bar menus on Gambee. DW will need her Mich Ultra this next cruise. Any help appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by bobandalice

I thought this thread was about real beer.

- signed, a beer snob :)

Here's what they had on our Alaska cruise. Check the 4th bottle on the left

DSCN4722-vi.jpg

Edited by sdmike

Really? Whether you go on a cruise or not is dependent upon them having a specific type of beer? Someone needs to talk to Bill.

Yes, really. And so sweet to post for the first time on the Norwegian board and get a snark-o-master response. Thanks for the fine "welcome aboard", Matey!

I thought this thread was about real beer.

- signed, a beer snob :)

Here's what they had on our Alaska cruise. Check the 4th bottle on the left

DSCN4722-vi.jpg

Thanks a bunch! DW will be happy to see that glorious photo. ;)

Greatly appreciated.

Link worked! Thanks!

You're welcome. Ignore the meanies. It's no different than the people trying to determine if the cruise line has their favorite soda/syrup/salad dressing. Questions like this are posted all the time. At least beer is important!! :)

Yes, really. And so sweet to post for the first time on the Norwegian board and get a snark-o-master response. Thanks for the fine "welcome aboard", Matey!

Yeah, boy, I went out and got those flame retardant pants :eek: real quick when I started posting on here. As this is your 1st venture onto NCL boards, welcome. And people here are really great.

Glad to see that the link worked, I checked it out although LgePizza is usually pretty accurate as is SDMike. If you do have questions, yes, you'll get answers, hopefully you won't need those flame retardant pants very often.

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy your booze :D

Yeah, boy, I went out and got those flame retardant pants :eek: real quick when I started posting on here. As this is your 1st venture onto NCL boards, welcome. And people here are really great.

Glad to see that the link worked, I checked it out although LgePizza is usually pretty accurate as is SDMike. If you do have questions, yes, you'll get answers, hopefully you won't need those flame retardant pants very often.

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy your booze :D

Heh heh. Oh, I just spent the last year on the Celebrity board. So...flame repressing is in my DNA. LOL. I actually thought that poster was trying to be amusing, so I was returning the favor. Usually one needs at least 5000 posts to be that snarky. Hope to see you all on a Norwegian cruise in the future! I'll be the guy with the chick holding a Mich Ultra! :rolleyes:

Wasn't trying to be snarky at all. In fact IMHO it was an honest response. If someone chose to be offended that only goes to strengthen my point. Funny part is that most people can't tell the difference in beers of the same type during any sort of blind tasting. Anyway, enjoy your cruise! :)

Wasn't trying to be snarky at all. In fact IMHO it was an honest response. If someone chose to be offended that only goes to strengthen my point. Funny part is that most people can't tell the difference in beers of the same type during any sort of blind tasting. Anyway, enjoy your cruise! :)

Calling the OP's wife an alcoholic is what you're sticking with?

While I would NEVER cruise my trip based on the type of beer or soda available, or the color of the carpets, or whether or not crepes were served for breakfast (etc., etc.) it's their right to do so

Oh, so you weren't attempting to be humorous. Sorry, I misread your original post. And strengthens what point? That we're alcoholics?

You are so wise beyond your post count. It seems as though people choose cruises for a multitude of reasons. Yes, some even as miniscule as beer options.

Thanks for looking out for our well being. Happy trails and smooth sailing. :rolleyes:

Oh the humanity!!! That's a LOT of swill!!!!! :eek:

Indeed, the normal selection is quite uninspiring (I'd rather drink water). However, the Alaskan Oatmeal Stout was pretty drinkable.

Edited by sdmike

OMG! Why didn't you guys tell me another syrup/salad dressing/beer WAR had started???:D

I'm in!:p;)

You're welcome. Ignore the meanies. It's no different than the people trying to determine if the cruise line has their favorite soda/syrup/salad dressing. Questions like this are posted all the time. At least beer is important!! :)

being from Australia Im unfamiliar with Mich Ultra....what type of beer is this....is it full strength?

I noticed in the photo of the bar selection that they don't stock Fosters....thanks god us Aussies hate fosters....we just export it to other countries

being from Australia Im unfamiliar with Mich Ultra....what type of beer is this....is it full strength?

I noticed in the photo of the bar selection that they don't stock Fosters....thanks god us Aussies hate fosters....we just export it to other countries

You've heard of light beer, well Mich Ultra is heavy water.

Mich Ultra is just watered-down bad American Light Lager. It would be cost effective to buy a regular icky beer and water it down, sort of a two-fer.

The difference between it and the Foster's (which they likely have on the ship) is the Foster's is just American Light Lager but isn't watered down to make it a 'diet' beer.

Edited by luddite

No, to get "full strength beer" you'd need to come to Canada where a beer really is beer not local water with brown or green dye.

There are quite a few beers that they stock which aren't in that picture, including Fosters.

This thread really brought a smile to my face. My hubby usually loves a good IPA and I usually drink Corona with a lime. On the last cruise we decided that if we were drinking a bucket of beer a day we could use to drink a few less calories. So...we started drinking Ultra with a lime! The lime made all the difference and made the bartenders all laugh :).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app