Ncl Sun 6-17th Mar

Hal Bennett

DW and I were on the Sun 6-17 Mar. Cabin 6010. My comments (hope they might be useful):

Parking at the Port of Miami is convenient, but expensive. $220 for the 11 day cruise. Might want to look for some parking alternatives.

Check in was very crowded at 11 a.m., some type of connection problem. Fortunately were were able to use priority check in. Had to sign up on the ship for on board credit. Entered the lottery for Dinning with one of the Ship's Staff.

In the dinning room by 12 for a nice lunch. In our cabin by 1 or so.

Cabin 6010 was an outside cabin on deck 6A. 6A is forward between Deck 6 and 7. Entrance is from Deck 7, no elevator and 12 steps. 6010 is too far forward, chose a cabin with the highest number to be more toward mid ship. Area is quite, but in rough water might bother some people. Shower is small has a curtain and might be too small if you are a big person. I am 5'11" 200 lbs. and it was a tight fit. Has foam pillows, but was able to change them for feather by asking the cabin steward. No coffee pot, room service in the morning for coffee worked well. An overall OK cabin. Any questions about the Sun or ports let me know.

Hal

Edited by Hal Bennett

We dined at East Meets West (Cagney's) Excellent

Brazilian Steak House, very good, not Excellent. Almost too much meat.

La Bistro Excellent

We were picked to eat with the C.E.O. of the Sun, Scott Hamby. He was great! That meal comes with free wine and bottled water.

Most of the other meals were at the SevernSeas. We did get chicken wings twice at the sports bar and they were Excellent. Las Ramblas was good for late after noon snacks. The food overall on the Sun was Excellent.

Aruba, rented a car from Hertz for about a $100 (that was will all the additional stuff, which you could do without if you are comfortable without them) Hertz is located on the second floor of the Renaissance Hotel about ten mins walk from the port. Went to the California Light house etc. Drove all over the Island. One thing, no GPS and few street signs.

Curacao, Avis screwed us. Had a reservation and when we went to pick the car up they told us they did not have any cars. So, went with Blue Angel tours, $20 for 2 hour tour that turned into 4 hours. Went the caves etc. I would book with them again. They will be at the port.

Barbados, Booked with R and R cat cruises. Lunch, all the liquor you can drink and great snorkeling. $230 for two including transportation to the boat. This is a must do.

Guadeloupe, did a ship tour of the Animal Park. Helps to speak Frence and bring euros.

St. Thomas, Shopping, drinks at Paradise Point (20 dollars each to ride up the lift) great view.

Anything else let me know

Have a great cruise.

Hal

Edited by Hal Bennett

We were also on this cruise. In fact Hal, I think we were with you on the Blue Angel Tour. I agree, they did a great tour.

We were in cabin 8277 aft. While I loved the cabin and the aft view, just want to point out to anyone staying in these cabins that on port days the aft thrusters start anywhere from 4am to 6am and it really shakes the cabin. An interesting wake-up call!

We also thought the specialty restaurants were very good. The Italian was better than we've had on other ships. We also found the food in the Main Dining rooms very good too. Wait staff in all the dining venues were very friendly and service was prompt.

Really a great cruise and enjoyed the Sun very much. Would sail her again.

It was a wonderful cruise and wish I could have done a B2B! The staff was exceptional, the food in the Brazilian Steak House was wonderful and the buffet was pretty good.

The Sun is an older and smaller ship, but the staterooms were quiet a bit larger than some of those on the newer, larger ships. Excellent water pressure in the shower!

The Captain is very cordial and interesting to talk with and if you get the chance to meet the Sr. Officers, make sure you sit down and talk to Brian Walker, he's been with NCL for 44 years and is very interesting to talk to.