Which inside category to book?

Cathconnie

I am looking for some advice on which category on the breeze to book. After reading many reviews and all kinds of different posts I am looking at an inside cabin and am in hopes of using the price drop feature. Are there specific categories that reduced over others? Sounds kind of strange to ask this.... Is there a cabin category that would more likely be reduced in the future over others as far as insides go? I know this can't be predicted but just would like to know about your past experiences.

Thank you for any feedback, looking forward to experiencing Carnival for the first time on a beautiful looking ship!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would assume the basic cabin would be the one most likely to drop in price. But we never book those. We will usually book the inside cabin on decks 6 or 7, making sure there are cabins below and above us. Will tend to reduce the amount of noise.

Also, it is possible that the front (forward) or back (aft) may get better reductions since most people will want the middle of the ship.

Steve

I think the most common category for an inside, (and thus, the most likely to be upgraded, or receive a price drop) would be a cat 4A. I've booked these cabins many, many times, and received upgrades to higher decks, ocean views, and even balcony cabins, at no additional cost, from this cat. I've also gotten lots of price reductions from my 4A bookings. ;)

"SKY"

I am looking for some advice on which category on the breeze to book. After reading many reviews and all kinds of different posts I am looking at an inside cabin and am in hopes of using the price drop feature. Are there specific categories that reduced over others? Sounds kind of strange to ask this.... Is there a cabin category that would more likely be reduced in the future over others as far as insides go? I know this can't be predicted but just would like to know about your past experiences.

Thank you for any feedback, looking forward to experiencing Carnival for the first time on a beautiful looking ship!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If your main goal is to ensure a higher likelihood of getting a price drop; booking a 1A or 4A would be the route to go. Book any room that says Interior or Interior Upper/Lower. Booking a spa cabin or the cabin with a picture window may not get you the price drops because those normally sell out and sometimes you'll never get a drop.

I was fortunate to get a $160 price drop on my 4J (picture window) on my February cruise. But it doesn't happen often.

Good luck to you and happy sailing.

I would assume the basic cabin would be the one most likely to drop in price. But we never book those. We will usually book the inside cabin on decks 6 or 7, making sure there are cabins below and above us. Will tend to reduce the amount of noise.

Also, it is possible that the front (forward) or back (aft) may get better reductions since most people will want the middle of the ship.

Steve

I agree!;)

Midship vs front/back usually doesn't matter. That's because the front/back of one deck is the exact same category as midship of the deck below it. But if saving money is the goal, I agree with SkyMaster about booking a 4A and look for price drops. If the 4As sell out & prices are dropping, you can upgrade to a higher category, so that you can then take advantage of the lower prices.

Keep in mind that you would need to book Early Saver to take advantage of any price drops after final payment. There are some restrictions with that fare, such as no name changes & non-refundable deposit issues.

I think a good rule of thumb, though, is to always book a cabin you're comfortable with (if you book a 1A and want to sleep with your spouse at night, you'll be getting cozy in one of the twins as one is an upper and one is a lower) and always book a price you can live with if you DON'T get drops. They aren't guaranteed and lots of factors play into them. We always book a room we are happy with and at a price we are comfy with. And if I get drops..BONUS!

1A's are less desirable but cheaper and the PT rooms are the same as the 4A's but tend to sell faster so I think the 4A is your safest bet.