Just scored $150 OBC!!!

KPfromCT

:D:D

The 4 day Go Sail rate, that just started today, had the same fare rules as the promotion we booked under, but gave us $150 in OBC. Total rate stayed the same, but that is FINE.

Thanks for the free money, Carnival:D:D

I booked my June cruise in January and have not made the final payment yet but have not seen my price drop at all yet.:(

Did you guys have a $50pp deposit, and final not due until 30 days prior?

If so, you are probably eligible for the $150 OBC.

Did you check it out?

Heck, you may even have a cheaper fare.:D

I have looked at a few different cruises, but when I go to book, the new sale is never an option in the rate choices!

You know what? This is frustrating.

We are travelling with another couple.

They don't see it when they put in THEIR VIFP numbers, however, when they put in their 15 y.o. DD's number, the rate comes up.

Why does Carnival do THIS?:mad:

how does one go about getting a price drop difference on an already paid for cruise... ?? we sail in 67 days and it seems our trip has dropped in price a few 100 total for our room..

I called carnival customer service and requested the credit for our price drop.

how does one go about getting a price drop difference on an already paid for cruise... ?? we sail in 67 days and it seems our trip has dropped in price a few 100 total for our room..

If you booked at Early Saver rate then you can get a price drop for OBC up until 2 days before sailing. If you booked at another rate you might be able to upgrade you cabin.

Call Carnival and see what they can do for you or if you booked with a TA call them.

Were you booked on an Early Saver rate?

If so, you can send in a price drop form and get the credit.

If not, unfortunately, you are SOL.:(

It really depends on how you booked. If you booked ES (early saver), you have to submit the form. If you used a PVP or TA; call him/her and they'll submit the form for you.

If you booked a refundable fare AND you are within the time frame of not incurring penalties if you canceled the cruise; then call Carnival if you booked on your own to request the price difference, but if you used a TA or PVP, you have to call him/her to request the price difference. If you are in penalty phase; then you can't get the price drop.

Good luck!

Did you guys have a $50pp deposit, and final not due until 30 days prior?

If so, you are probably eligible for the $150 OBC.

Did you check it out?

Heck, you may even have a cheaper fare.:D

How did you qualify for $150 OBC? When I read the fine print, it only states $50 per stateroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Saltz

How did you qualify for $150 OBC? When I read the fine print, it only states $50 per stateroom.

We were already booked on a sale that required $50 per person deposit and final payment was not due until 30 days before. She basically told me that my fare rules were the same as early saver so there was no penalties to change over to another sale. The only difference with the sale and the one I booked was the $150 OBC. We lucked out!!! Free money. :)

I booked online 2 weeks ago, and paid in full at that time, we had the Early Saver rate.

A few days after booking, a PVP called us to let us know that he would be our go to person for anything that we needed or help us on things if he could.

so...

I called him today, and all he said he could do was drop our fare by $50 and move us to Rivera deck. I said no thanks, we are on Main deck.

I just want the OBC, he said he couldn't do anything. :rolleyes:

I may try again without the PVP.

I booked online 2 weeks ago, and paid in full at that time, we had the Early Saver rate.

A few days after booking, a PVP called us to let us know that he would be our go to person for anything that we needed or help us on things if he could.

so...

I called him today, and all he said he could do was drop our fare by $50 and move us to Rivera deck. I said no thanks, we are on Main deck.

I just want the OBC, he said he couldn't do anything. :rolleyes:

I may try again without the PVP.

I would DEFINITELY do the following:

1. Call the 800#

2. Do a mock booking under this sale and see if you can see it

Post back. I'm curious....

Good luck!!!!!!!

We were already booked on a sale that required $50 per person deposit and final payment was not due until 30 days before. She basically told me that my fare rules were the same as early saver so there was no penalties to change over to another sale. The only difference with the sale and the one I booked was the $150 OBC. We lucked out!!! Free money. :)

I figured out why that is. We have an ocean view room and the $150 is for balcony. Lol Buuuut $50 is fine with me.

I did a mock booking at lunch today. The fare is still the same for what we have now. Main deck Aft - Ocean view - 2 travelers.

I could get a fare reduction of $50, and possibly the OBC, if I wanted to move to Riviera deck (been there done that), not again if I have a choice.

This is on the Fantasy 5 day bahama.

I'ma still call this evening. Again.

Good luck iSpark and Saltz!!!! Keep us posted!!!!!

I went ahead and changed it for the $50 OBC and you're right, everything else stayed the same. Thank you for the heads up! :)

Edited by Saltz

How did you find out about the drop?

Is this applicable to ALL cruises or just your sailing?

I don't see a big poster on Carnival.com talking about a "Go Sail Rate" - was this on a particular website?

I check a particular travel website regularly (because I like how easy the site is....better than Carnival.com) and I can see cabins etc - and their prices have always been the same as Carnival......Today they are the same as carnival so does that mean there is no "Go Sail" promotion on my cruise?

thanks

I don't see a big poster on Carnival.com talking about a "Go Sail Rate" - was this on a particular website?

I check a particular travel website regularly (because I like how easy the site is....better than Carnival.com) and I can see cabins etc - and their prices have always been the same as Carnival......Today they are the same as carnival so does that mean there is no "Go Sail" promotion on my cruise?

thanks

Carnival has 2 sales going on, but their for applicable sailings. I went to their TA site to see them, but I lucked up on a dummy booking and it appeared; I just happened to have the right month selected.

thanks

Well, first I got the email from Carnival.

Then I went in and did a mock booking.

Total final rate was the same, but when I read the fare rules, this fare included $150 OBC.

If you don't see it, click on other rates, and see if you see it there.

It had all the same rules as our original fare, ie; $50pp deposit, and final payment not due until 30 days before sailing.

The fare may be the same, but the benefits of this sale, at least for us, were MUCH better.

It honestly is that Carnival gave us a FREE $150 OBC.

And we are still eligible for price drops until June 5th.

Check it out.:D:D

Carnival has 2 sales going on' date=' but their for applicable sailings. I went to their TA site to see them, but I lucked up on a dummy booking and it appeared; I just happened to have the right month selected.[/quote']

So, were you able to take advantage of any OBC, or a fare drop?