Just scored $150 OBC!!!

KPfromCT

How did you find out about the drop?

Is this applicable to ALL cruises or just your sailing?

I don't see a big poster on Carnival.com talking about a "Go Sail Rate" - was this on a particular website?

I check a particular travel website regularly (because I like how easy the site is....better than Carnival.com) and I can see cabins etc - and their prices have always been the same as Carnival......Today they are the same as carnival so does that mean there is no "Go Sail" promotion on my cruise?

thanks

It's valid on cruises, through August 31st. See fare rules below.

This 4 Day Go Sail Rate Includes

• $50 per person non-refundable deposit
  • Don't pay the rest until 30 days before you sail
  • $150 to spend onboard per stateroom
  • Price Protection
  • Free Upgrades
  • Choose your room

Disclaimer

Promotion offers price protection, up to $150 per stateroom onboard credit, free upgrades, $50 pp non-refundable deposit and 30 day final payment window on select 5, 7 & 8 day sailings between 4/17/14 – 8/31/14. Price protection doesn’t apply to Super Saver, Pack & Go, group or membership rates and select or travel agent promotions. Verified rate difference is issued as an onboard credit. A $50 fee will be assessed for changes made prior to final payment date. To submit a Price Protection claim, visit http://www.carnival.com/price-protection. Offer ends 3/21/14.

I went ahead and changed it for the $50 OBC and you're right, everything else stayed the same. Thank you for the heads up! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I posted the fare rules, and nowhere on there does it say you have to be booked in a balcony to get the full $150 OBC.

You may want to call back and question that........:confused:

How long is your cruise? 3 nights? 7 nights?

It's valid on cruises, through August 31st. See fare rules below.

This 4 Day Go Sail Rate Includes

• $50 per person non-refundable deposit
  • Don't pay the rest until 30 days before you sail
  • $150 to spend onboard per stateroom
  • Price Protection
  • Free Upgrades
  • Choose your room

Disclaimer

Promotion offers price protection, up to $150 per stateroom onboard credit, free upgrades, $50 pp non-refundable deposit and 30 day final payment window on select 5, 7 & 8 day sailings between 4/17/14 – 8/31/14. Price protection doesn’t apply to Super Saver, Pack & Go, group or membership rates and select or travel agent promotions. Verified rate difference is issued as an onboard credit. A $50 fee will be assessed for changes made prior to final payment date. To submit a Price Protection claim, visit http://www.carnival.com/price-protection. Offer ends 3/21/14.

Do you think it's valid on all cruises thru August 31?

I've never cruised carnival before (or anyone else for that matter haha) so maybe someone could help. We are book on the 5 night liberty in September. Is this new promo something we can take advantage of? We booked an ocean view early saver about 2 weeks ago. I'd love an onboard credit haha!

Sent from my iP

Edited by mguimond1990

I've never cruised carnival before (or anyone else for that matter haha) so maybe someone could help. We are book on the 5 night liberty in September. Is this new promo something we can take advantage of? We booked an ocean view early saver about 2 weeks ago. I'd love an onboard credit haha!

Sent from my iP

Unfortunately, this one is only valid on cruises through 8/31, but keep your eyes peeled. Carnival starts a new sale everyday:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:)

So, were you able to take advantage of any OBC, or a fare drop?

Nope. :(

The Spring Into Summer sale only applies to Guarantee rooms for sailings through August 31, 2014 and offers up to $100 OBC, but my sailing must not meet it, because it's not an option for me. The 4 Day Go Sale isn't applicable to my particular sailing although the sail date meets the criteria. The fine print states it's only on select sailings and doesn't state which ones!

My October sailing doesn't qualify for either, for obvious reasons. :D

My August sailing actually increased; Lido is no longer included in the free upgrade; there's a per person, per day charge now. That sucks! But even if it weren't there; the price hasn't dropped and doesn't offer OBC.

Do you think it's valid on all cruises thru August 31?

It sounds like it to me. Also, if there are multiple people in your cabin, and this particular rate doesn't show up under your VIFP number, try your spouse, or kids, if applicable.

It's weird like that........

Good luck!!!:D:D

Nope. :(

The Spring Into Summer sale only applies to Guarantee rooms for sailings through August 31' date=' 2014 and offers up to $100 OBC, but my sailing must not meet it, because it's not an option for me. The 4 Day Go Sale isn't applicable to my particular sailing although the sail date meets the criteria. The fine print states it's only on select sailings and doesn't state which ones!

My October sailing doesn't qualify for either, for obvious reasons. :D

My August sailing actually increased; Lido is no longer included in the free upgrade; there's a per person, per day charge now. That sucks! But even if it weren't there; the price hasn't dropped and doesn't offer OBC.[/quote']

Hmmmmmmmm.....we are in a Lido Balcony, as well.

And even though the bottom line didn't change, we were still able to get the $150 OBC. Did you call?

I posted the fare rules, and nowhere on there does it say you have to be booked in a balcony to get the full $150 OBC.

Yes it does, it's in the fine print. It's so tiny; you have to blow it up. :D

Hmmmmmmmm.....we are in a Lido Balcony, as well.

And even though the bottom line didn't change, we were still able to get the $150 OBC. Did you call?

I'm booked with a group, so Carnival wouldn't help me; I'd have to call the TA and lately she's been slow with answering emails and her phone goes to her VM.

She's not my TA, I booked the cruise with a friend and will not use this particular TA in the future. She's sweet, but she's dropped the ball on another request I had back in December.

I'm not in a balcony cabin...and we're not on the same cruise. :p This is my Triumph sailing.

I'm booked with a group' date=' so Carnival wouldn't help me; I'd have to call the TA and lately she's been slow with answering emails and her phone goes to her VM.

She's not my TA, I booked the cruise with a friend and will not use this particular TA in the future. She's sweet, but she's dropped the ball on another request I had back in December.

I'm not in a balcony cabin...and we're not on the same cruise. :p This is my Triumph sailing.[/quote']

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Yes. It clearly states it is not applicable for group bookings. Sorry!:(

I'm on a 7 day and I did a mock booking before I called the 1-800 number and she then verified, it is $50 OBC for inside and ocean view. But for balcony, that's $150. She asked if I wanted to change but that'd be $420 more, I declined. Lol It's okay though because from the time I've booked (January) I've had one fare decrease of $100 applied to my account so I'm not sweating it.

Edited by Saltz

No go for either of my cruises .... Freedom (June 1) qualifies, but balconies are sold out ... Fantasy (August 3) is not a selected sailing :(

Sorry!!!:(

I just like to put the word out there.

If Carnival is GIVING money away, I want everyone to have their chance to GRAB it.:D

I'm on a 7 day and I did a mock booking before I called the 1-800 number and she then verified, it is $50 OBC for inside and ocean view. But for balcony, that's $150. She asked if I wanted to change but that'd be $500 more, I declined. Lol It's okay though because from the time I've booked (January) I've had one fare decrease of $100 applied to my account so I'm not sweating it.

Hey. The way I look at it? $50 bucks is $50 bucks.

That's quite a few DOD's. Or some pictures. Or a shore excursion.......

The list goes on.......

Every little bit helps!!:D

Thank you for sharing ... My PVP just said to keep watching my emails and to call her anytime with any questions ... She knew who I was the minute I called ... Hoping for some sort of "give-away" :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

how does one go about getting a price drop difference on an already paid for cruise... ?? we sail in 67 days and it seems our trip has dropped in price a few 100 total for our room..

We are paid in full and had a price drop on our sailing. I called and they said they couldn't do a discount since we've already paid, but they did give us an upgrade... I'm good with either. Probably like the upgrade more. ;)

Hey. The way I look at it? $50 bucks is $50 bucks.

That's quite a few DOD's. Or some pictures. Or a shore excursion.......

The list goes on.......

Every little bit helps!!:D

Exactly! I really appreciate you posting something or it might have passed me by because I only pay attention to the fare prices but now I'll keep my eye on incentives as well.

Exactly! I really appreciate you posting something or it might have passed me by because I only pay attention to the fare prices but now I'll keep my eye on incentives as well.

:D:D Glad to be of help. That's what this board is for, right? Good luck in getting more incentives/price drops.

Happy sailing!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Yes. It clearly states it is not applicable for group bookings. Sorry!:(

They wouldn't know I was with a group doing a mock booking...it's just not available for my particular sailing, unfortunately.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forums mobile app

thanks guys! my cousin took care of all the bookings soo its up to him to get us the difference back.. however when i checked the fare viewer.. i didnt realize it doesnt include the tax n fees.. i was so excited when i THOUGHT it was a few hundred $$ difference... it was less then 50$ :( whomp whomp