Dawn updates?

sweetride

I remembered reading a while ago about restaurant changes (O'Sheehans taking over blue lagoon and becoming a bar/restaurant) and I saw that NCL was planning on make the Cake Boss fleet wide. Does anyone have a link or more info on any of these updates and when they will happen?

I remembered reading a while ago about restaurant changes (O'Sheehans taking over blue lagoon and becoming a bar/restaurant) and I saw that NCL was planning on make the Cake Boss fleet wide. Does anyone have a link or more info on any of these updates and when they will happen?

The Carlos bake shop changes could be done at anytime supplies and signage are ready, but no specific dates yet.

The other renovations (moving Moderno next to Cagney's, converting Blue Lagoon and existing Moderno space to O'Sheehans) would probably necesitate a dry dock, and I doubt that would happen for the Dawn anytime before 2016.

The Carlos bake shop changes could be done at anytime supplies and signage are ready, but no specific dates yet.

The other renovations (moving Moderno next to Cagney's, converting Blue Lagoon and existing Moderno space to O'Sheehans) would probably necesitate a dry dock, and I doubt that would happen for the Dawn anytime before 2016.

Thank you. I like your first answer, but not your second haha. I won't be back on it until 2015 so I was hoping they would be able to get O'Sheehans in by then as I LOVED it on the Breakaway and its very much needed on that ship IMO.

Thank you. I like your first answer, but not your second haha. I won't be back on it until 2015 so I was hoping they would be able to get O'Sheehans in by then as I LOVED it on the Breakaway and its very much needed on that ship IMO.

What is the difference between O'Sheenan's and Blue Lagoon?

Since you said the Dawn needs it. (I assume you've sailed the Dawn by that statement)

Edited by bguppies

What is the difference between O'Sheenan's and Blue Lagoon?

Since you said the Dawn needs it. (I assume you've sailed the Dawn by that statement)

O'Sheehans is a bar and pub (two different areas) and the menu is MUCH better than blue lagoon. I have been on the Dawn for 5 or 6 weeks spread out over the last 4 years. Blue lagoon menu has gone downhill significantly and I really want O'Sheehans bar as a nice place to relax and get a drink. I like the atmosphere of the one on the Breakaway. None of the bars on the Dawn currently really offer much in the way of relaxing except Top Siders or whatever they call it, but on a rainy day, you're SOL

O'Sheehans is a bar and pub (two different areas) and the menu is MUCH better than blue lagoon. I have been on the Dawn for 5 or 6 weeks spread out over the last 4 years. Blue lagoon menu has gone downhill significantly and I really want O'Sheehans bar as a nice place to relax and get a drink. I like the atmosphere of the one on the Breakaway. None of the bars on the Dawn currently really offer much in the way of relaxing except Top Siders or whatever they call it, but on a rainy day, you're SOL

Cool..

Thanks for the info.

Cake Boss roll out....

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_030414

Norwegian Epic will be the first ship to offer Carlo's Bakery items on board starting March 9, followed by Norwegian Dawn on March 16, Norwegian Jewel on March 23, Norwegian Star on March 30 and Norwegian Gem on April 8, 2014. The remaining ships will offer Carlo's items in the coming months. Carlo's Bake Shop dessert items will be featured in each ship's Java and Atrium Cafes and available for purchase a la carte.

Cake Boss roll out....

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_030414

Norwegian Epic will be the first ship to offer Carlo's Bakery items on board starting March 9, followed by Norwegian Dawn on March 16, Norwegian Jewel on March 23, Norwegian Star on March 30 and Norwegian Gem on April 8, 2014. The remaining ships will offer Carlo's items in the coming months. Carlo's Bake Shop dessert items will be featured in each ship's Java and Atrium Cafes and available for purchase a la carte.

Does this mean that the free breads & pastries in the Java Cafe will go away, and you will only have items available for purchase?

Does this mean that the free breads & pastries in the Java Cafe will go away, and you will only have items available for purchase?

I don't think anyone will know until first cruise back after they put it in. I am sure in the next week or two someone will post a review with pictures and a description