Do people actually sit in the lounge chairs inside of the little Haven pools?

Zoey

I sat in one' date=' mainly to make sure my children weren't tempted to use them as water slides ;). Seriously though, a bigger pool would have been a better use of space, this area was often empty on our March 9 BA cruise. Fwiw you dint actually sit in the water, the chair is above the water line and there is maybe 4 inches of water around the chair.

[/quote']

Putting on my Engineer hat for a moment... it is likely that they *can't* have a bigger pool. If you look at most of the pools on ships, there is a shallow-water section on the port and starboard sides. That's to contain the water as it sloshes back and forth with the motion of the ship. There may also be restrictions on the deck below that determine the size.

I think they turned it into a design statement for the Haven pool by putting the chairs there.

Putting on my Engineer hat for a moment... it is likely that they *can't* have a bigger pool. If you look at most of the pools on ships, there is a shallow-water section on the port and starboard sides. That's to contain the water as it sloshes back and forth with the motion of the ship. There may also be restrictions on the deck below that determine the size.

I think they turned it into a design statement for the Haven pool by putting the chairs there.

There might be some sort of physics issue, the Haven is on the very top of the ship and I don't know what's under the shallow pool sections. However, the slosh section of the bigger Haven pool is exactly like the children's pool on the main deck. It's only the adult pool that has the large shallow water sections around it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk