Onboard Credit Certificates

acharris1

When you purchase onboard credit certificates from the Norwegian website, I see where it says they deliver them to your stateroom on whatever day. Is the credit automatically applied to your account, or do you need to take the certificate somewhere so that the credit is applied? Also, if there's four of us traveling together in a stateroom, is the certificate applied to our joint account or does it specifically have to be used by the person who's name is on the certificate? Thanks in advance!

It will show up on your account the second day. But their will be a slip in your cabin. I believe it would be credited to whoevers name you purchase it under if everyone has separate accounts.

Edited by MCAT48

Our certificates were waiting in our cabin for us on the first day and I went ahead and took them down to the front desk the next morning just to make sure.

I keep them as souvenir's. The credit will show up whether you return them or not. I check my account on Day 2 to see that all OBC has been posted to my account. Since my TA always gives me OBC and I usually have some from NCL, I check to see how much is reimbursable OBC and how much is non-reimbursable OBC. You have to make sure you spend all the non-reimbursable! :D

Why does the credit not show up at the start of the cruise?

Because they have to be manually input and they do it the first night of the cruise. It doesn't make a difference in the long run because you can still "spend" it before it appears.

My question is I have received several OBC certificates for an upcoming cruise, but they are all in my name. Will they be automatically split with my cabin mate who happens to be my sister or will we have to talk to the pursers desk to get this done?

My question is I have received several OBC certificates for an upcoming cruise, but they are all in my name. Will they be automatically split with my cabin mate who happens to be my sister or will we have to talk to the pursers desk to get this done?

If you purchased or "earned" the OBC certificates and they are in your name, they will all be put into your account. Back a few years when my three sons were in a balcony cabin together their promotional OBC was split between the first 2 brothers in the cabin. When we asked for it to be evenly split among the three of them they said they cannot move OBC. But once the third brother spent the amount the other two owed him they could move his charges to their accounts. So that is what they did. Both brothers (the one losing the charges and the one gaining the charges both have to go to Guest Services

So I would check on Day2 to see where the OBC is but if it's all on your account, either just use your keycard for her purchases until she has half or ask to have the charges moved to your account.