Club O2?

atate75

We are sailing in May and our daughter turns 15 in July. Will she be able to go to Club O2? She is only 2 months shy and doesn't want to hang with the little kids at Camp Carnival.

Our experience is Carnival is pretty strict with the age groups but being that your cruise is in May, there may not be as many kids if school is still in session. My daughter was just shy of 6 and was not happy being with the "babies", ages 2-5. I would certainly ask though.

We were on the Valor a few weeks ago with my 16 year old son and 14 year old daughter. She wanted to be moved up to Club O2 but was fairly resigned to staying in Circle C. She doesn't turn 15 until October so she wasn't even close. When we went to Camp Carnival to drop off the registration papers they bumped her up without us even asking (she looks older than she is). She went to the first Club O2 activity and was told that if they had any problems with her they would move her back down but she ended up doing just fine and making great friends. There were quite a few teens onboard that week because of Presidents Day. Long story short, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It all depends on who is working in the club. I have had a guy that was really laid back and he said that as long as you were 6 months away from 15 he will let you I'm, but on other ships they won't let you do that. My advice is to just ask and see what happens.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Our younger son had no problem getting "bumped up" a category on our spring break cruise last year, and he was 4 months from the cut-off age. I think it depends as much on how many kids they have signed up for each group as it does how "laid back" the counselors are. Before they answered my request to bump him up, they went over their count of kids registered and said sure, there was room. You'll have to check back in and let us know if she had fun in O2...my older son will just have turned 15 a month prior to our Christmas cruise, and he is looking forward to being with the older teens.

Lisa

My daughter was a couple weeks away from 15 on our first cruise. We don't have middle school (6-7-8-9) here and she plays varsity sports, so doesn't run around with 12-13-14 year olds, she is in the high school with the older kids. Some of the Circle C activities were hide & seek.

I explained that and they let her move up to 02 instead of Circle C.

I must say though, I was a little skeptical of moving her. Keep in mind there are kids almost 18 in 02.....bumping & grinding while they dance, etc. Big difference in maturity levels.

Another example, next year on our back to back my daughter will be 17 but already graduated from high school and ready for college. She'll still be in 02. (Oh gosh, and I hope dancing appropriately! :) )