Oasis, Independence, Serenade or Navi-OH MY!!

For the first time ever, I seriously cannot decide. I am booking for the end of March 2015 (all are March 22 or 28 sailings) . All the choices are fairly close in costs, the difference between the cheapest (Ind.) and most expensive (Oasis) is about a thousand dollars, they are all between $2500 and $3500 for 3 in a balcony.

I have been on Oasis and Navi, never been on Serenade or Independence (but I've been on Freedom).

The 8 night Ind. is interesting because I've never been to St. Kitts, I have been to all the other ports, some several times.

I guess I can't decide because each has its positives and negatives. I really loved Oasis, but it is the most costly. I also really like sailing from Galveston (Navi.) but I LOVE NOLA (Serenade).

I'm stuck, and I wanna book something!!

HELP!!

Thoughts?

Thanks, Tracey:eek:

Edited by PhoenixDawgCruising

I'd definitely do the 8 nights on Independence.

One extra night and $1000 cheaper? That should be an easy decision :)

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

Not exactly. There are 2 sailings on Ind., a 6 night for $2569 (3/22) and an 8 night for $3251 (3/28), but the 8 night is still cheaper than the 7 night on Oasis for $3975 (3/28).

It's all very confusing!!:eek:

It would be a toss up between Serenade and Indy. I love that 8 night Indy itinerary, but New Orleans was an incredible departure port and it doesn't look like a Royal Caribbean will return to New Orleans after Serenade.

We are booked on the Indy Eastern Caribbean for Thanksgiving. The 8th day won us over. Nice Itinerary too. We have been to all the stops except St Kitts also. May stay on the ship at one of the ports.

Exactly, that 8th night and a new port is very enticing. But each of the choices has at least one enticing feature. Lord help me!:eek:

Edited by PhoenixDawgCruising

It would be a toss up between Serenade and Indy. I love that 8 night Indy itinerary, but New Orleans was an incredible departure port and it doesn't look like a Royal Caribbean will return to New Orleans after Serenade.

Exactly. I love NOLA, and I have never been on Serenade or any of her sisters, so that's a huge plus.:)

But Indy has the extra night and a new port.:rolleyes:

Navi is one of my favorite ship, she was just redone, Texas is by far closest to LA.:o

But my son is addicted to Oasis, and I like her alot too.:eek:

Decisions, decisions.:p

For the first time ever, I seriously cannot decide. I am booking for the end of March 2015 (all are March 22 or 28 sailings) . All the choices are fairly close in costs, the difference between the cheapest (Ind.) and most expensive (Oasis) is about a thousand dollars, they are all between $2500 and $3500 for 3 in a balcony.

I have been on Oasis and Navi, never been on Serenade or Independence (but I've been on Freedom).

The 8 night Ind. is interesting because I've never been to St. Kitts, I have been to all the other ports, some several times.

I guess I can't decide because each has its positives and negatives. I really loved Oasis, but it is the most costly. I also really like sailing from Galveston (Navi.) but I LOVE NOLA (Serenade).

I'm stuck, and I wanna book something!!

HELP!!

Thoughts?

Thanks, Tracey:eek:

Just book them all!:D Then you don't have to decide!

If Independence is cheapest, and goes to a new island, I would do that.

Unless you're using miles, look around and try to get an idea of what airfare would be to the various departure ports. Houston is generally very expensive for me to fly to, I can usually get great deals to FLL or New Orleans, granted we live on completely different sides of the country ha ha.

If it were me, from what you said, I definitely lean towards Serenade and Indy.

Took the family on IOTS last year, and we all had a blast!! Something for every age group. We took SOTS on March 1 this year(just wife and I) and wasn't really thrilled with it. Beautiful ship and all, but just wasn't comparable to IOTS. We are in process of booking oasis for Jan next year. I would always go back on independence. Lots of fun!

Sent from my LT28i using Tapatalk

Took the family on IOTS last year, and we all had a blast!! Something for every age group. We took SOTS on March 1 this year(just wife and I) and wasn't really thrilled with it. Beautiful ship and all, but just wasn't comparable to IOTS. We are in process of booking oasis for Jan next year. I would always go back on independence. Lots of fun!

Sent from my LT28i using Tapatalk

We felt the same way about Jewel. No question that she is a beautiful ship, but we felt that she was the most boring ship we've ever been on. Entertainment was definitely sub par, and service wasn't stellar either, compared to our other RCI cruises.

Given the OPs choices, I would pick the 8 night on Independence. New to you ship. Freedom class amenities. Only itinerary with a new-to-you port. Additional night. FLL is a much more convenient port

On St. Kitts, I recommend Thenford Grey's The Tour. He is one of the best private tour guides we've ever used! We got to see a huge part of the island, and then spent time at the beach. It was really wonderful!

Unless you're using miles, look around and try to get an idea of what airfare would be to the various departure ports. Houston is generally very expensive for me to fly to, I can usually get great deals to FLL or New Orleans, granted we live on completely different sides of the country ha ha.

If it were me, from what you said, I definitely lean towards Serenade and Indy.

Using miles so flights arn't really an issue, although I hate to fly so the shorter the flight, the better, which is why I like to sail from Texas!!:D