Magic- family verandah rooms noise

packyourpixiedust

We booked a bounce back on the Magic. We have a family verandah and those rooms are right under the pool deck. How loud are those rooms. We have pick 2 in the aft- the 2nd groupings basically so under the front of cabanas. We were in the family ver on the Fantasy and thought it was better to have the extra space with the pack and play for the baby. Would you recommend not staying in the family ver and just get the regular one even though we would have a pack and play? I would like to make a decision on this soon. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We booked a bounce back on the Magic. We have a family verandah and those rooms are right under the pool deck. How loud are those rooms. We have pick 2 in the aft- the 2nd groupings basically so under the front of cabanas. We were in the family ver on the Fantasy and thought it was better to have the extra space with the pack and play for the baby. Would you recommend not staying in the family ver and just get the regular one even though we would have a pack and play? I would like to make a decision on this soon. Thanks.

p

I wouldn't pay for the cat 4 unless I needed it for a family of 5 (and then, I'd probably do 2 cabins of a lower category.) There is room for the pack and play in the regular cabin and your host will remove the coffee table if you wish. Yes, there are some noise issues, especially with moving pool chairs and cleaning the pool deck. I can't really address the Cabanas noise...haven't cruised since the dry dock.

I have been in a Cat 4 six times, yes six times, and never had any issues, if I did I wouldn't re book that deck, the rooms are great, I am a light sleeper so any noise wakes me, and the reported noise tends to be by people who have never been in one.

Cabanas is sound proofed and hours are limited ie it's not open at bed time 10 pm to 7am, unless an early port arrival, and then you will be up anyway.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

I have been in a Cat 4 six times, yes six times, and never had any issues, if I did I wouldn't re book that deck, the rooms are great, I am a light sleeper so any noise wakes me, and the reported noise tends to be by people who have never been in one.

Cabanas is sound proofed and hours are limited ie it's not open at bed time 10 pm to 7am, unless an early port arrival, and then you will be up anyway.

Perfect thanks.

I have to add a bit here.....the staterooms that are forward (just forward) of Cabanas WILL have noise, during the day from chairs being moved around and in the evenings when the crew is cleaning, and also in the early morning hours (before 7 am as mentioned) when the crew is moving chairs and cleaning.

For us, it really only took a day to get used to the noise and sleep through it. Not sure how a baby would do....depends on if he or she is a light sleeper...which would be the same for an adult, too.

The same would apply for staterooms below and to the aft of Cabanas and all of the others that run under the pool areas.

The ONLY area that would be more peaceful would be DIRECTLY beneath Cabanas, as you wouldn't have the noise of the chairs being moved around, or running feet above.

I have to add a bit here.....the staterooms that are forward (just forward) of Cabanas WILL have noise, during the day from chairs being moved around and in the evenings when the crew is cleaning, and also in the early morning hours (before 7 am as mentioned) when the crew is moving chairs and cleaning.

For us, it really only took a day to get used to the noise and sleep through it. Not sure how a baby would do....depends on if he or she is a light sleeper...which would be the same for an adult, too.

The same would apply for staterooms below and to the aft of Cabanas and all of the others that run under the pool areas.

The ONLY area that would be more peaceful would be DIRECTLY beneath Cabanas, as you wouldn't have the noise of the chairs being moved around, or running feet above.

I was going to say exactly this. We had a cabin on deck 8 just forward of Cabanas (it was still Topsiders during our cruise.) We heard the occasional chair scraping overhead and feet running on the deck occasionally. It wasn't often enough or loud enough to be a nuisance. Cabins under Cabanas should be pretty quiet.

Edited by Cruisin' Along

Just off the Magic and was in 8038. Substantial noise from chairs. We have been on quite a few cruises and been under pool decks at least 5 times. This was the most noise we have ever had. If I were booking again I would try to get forward of the mid ship elevators and be under the adult pool area instead of the main pool area.

Just off the Magic and was in 8038. Substantial noise from chairs. We have been on quite a few cruises and been under pool decks at least 5 times. This was the most noise we have ever had. If I were booking again I would try to get forward of the mid ship elevators and be under the adult pool area instead of the main pool area.

You'll still get a lot of noise, early in the mornings from the crew moving the chairs to clean.

This was the one downfall, I always felt, about the suites on the Magic and Wonder....the noise up above. It's great that they moved them on the new ships, but stinks that they made them so much smaller...or at least made them so that they sleep less people. Not family-friendly. :(

Having stayed on eight cruises on Deck 8 the reports of noise continue to be over exaggerated and yes you might hear a deck chair moved, but it's very minimal.

My next cruise....

12 nights deck 8 on the Magic,

Would I book that if there was an issue?

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

Obviously, another situation of different experiences--whether that reflects the exact cabin in question, how "noise conscious" the crew was on a particular sailing, or how sensitive the guest was to the noise is hard to determine.

It accomplishes nothing to malign those who have experiences different than what one is posting. I can't say why several posters here experienced noise and one did not, but claiming that those who did experience issues are exaggerating doesn't allow that we are each entitled to our experiences and interpretations.

Obviously' date=' another situation of different experiences--whether that reflects the exact cabin in question, how "noise conscious" the crew was on a particular sailing, or how sensitive the guest was to the noise is hard to determine.

It accomplishes nothing to malign those who have experiences different than what one is posting. I can't say why several posters here experienced noise and one did not, but claiming that those who did experience issues are exaggerating doesn't allow that we are each entitled to our experiences and interpretations.[/quote']

Exactly! I am extremely noise sensitive and always travel with ear plugs.

Thanks for following up upon your return. Unfortunately I cannot be under the adult pool as I get sea sick.

Having stayed on eight cruises on Deck 8 the reports of noise continue to be over exaggerated and yes you might hear a deck chair moved, but it's very minimal.

My next cruise....

12 nights deck 8 on the Magic,

Would I book that if there was an issue?

Yes, you would, if you want a suite on the Magic or Wonder...and don't you almost always book suites?

You don't have a choice, if you want one.

We got used to the noise...I'm sure after the first few cruises, everyone would either get used to it, or bring earplugs.

I've never noticed the crew being especially "noise-conscious" when they have work to do in a very short amount of time, by the way. :rolleyes:

Yes, you would, if you want a suite on the Magic or Wonder...and don't you almost always book suites?

You don't have a choice, if you want one.

We got used to the noise...I'm sure after the first few cruises, everyone would either get used to it, or bring earplugs.

I've never noticed the crew being especially "noise-conscious" when they have work to do in a very short amount of time, by the way. :rolleyes:

On the Fantasy on Declk 12 one night early first cruise we had some noise first night, I mentioned it to concierge on the next 13 odd nights no issue, so I think that they respond and are noise conscious.

PS I do Not always book suites! In fact about 50% were Cat 4s

On the Fantasy on Declk 12 one night early first cruise we had some noise first night, I mentioned it to concierge on the next 13 odd nights no issue, so I think that they respond and are noise conscious.

PS I do Not always book suites! In fact about 50% were Cat 4s

Obviously they will respond as they did, when they get a request/complaint from a concierge guest. I've been in concierge enough times myself to know that they get more attention than the other rooms do, when it comes to things like that.

PS All of the Cat 4 rooms are also on Deck 8.