Need Help on Choosing a Barcelona Hotels

we stayed at avenida palace after the Millie on July 2nd - we had splurged in Venice so picked Avenida palace because it was more affordable. It was in a great location, good sized rooms, good air conditioning and very friendly/helpful staff. The only negative is the smell of smoke - lots of smokers in Barcelona.

hope that helps...

We have stayed in the Majestic. It was fantastic and we would have stayed there agian this year, but there was no availablitly when we booked, but there is now. We are staying at the AC Diplomatic, after our friends stayed there last year.(free minibar!!!).

Try alpharooms.com for good rates.

Guest Crazeecat5

My DH and I stayed at the Majestic too. Last summer pre cruise. We really liked it. Would definitely stay there again. Good air conditioning, nice breakfast, friendly staff.

Sheryl

we had 3 rooms at the Avenida Palace - they don't have non-smoking rooms so all 3 smelled of smoke, 2 slightly but the 3rd was quite strong. Guess it depends on whether that bothers you.

In our opinion, there are a lot of smokers in Barcelona and hotels/restaurants, etc do not have non-smoking sections. we did ok because we went to dinner earlier before the restaurants were crowded ...

just got back from Barcelona. Booked the Barcelona Princess in the Forum area

on clicktravel.com

loved the hotel. Only 1 year old, very modern, included free minibar every day and breakfast. Only 10 mins from Las Ramblas, 5 mins from the beach.

great views & nice pool. Very clean, great staff, extremely helpful.

would stay there again. :)

I also just returned from the Med. We stayed at the Hotel Colon. It is located across from the Barcelona Cathedral in the Barri Gotic. Our room had a balcony overlooking the front of the cathedral (literally steps away, no street in between). Very comfy bed, very clean, great bathroom (lots of amenities there, too). I was thrilled with the hotel and would stay there again. My in-laws also stayed there after the cruise and they got it for $85! We paid $136 and thought we had a steal. Also, it is located within a couple of blocks of Las Ramblas and there are a bunch of alleys/narrow streets filled with shops and cafes just around the corner.

Archived