Thomson confirms Dubrovnik!

They will be able to sort #1 although it will involve a big increase in flights but #2 will be quite a consideration and one they won't have any control over as that will be down to customer preference. And could be a real issue especially since the new itineraries on Celebration seem to be very appealing. Might mean some bargains to be had? Might also mean some high prices on Celebration too! :rolleyes:

I think you've hit the nail on the head Kruzseeka; the prices will be high on the Celebration - look at how high the Adriatic prices have always held even on the Majesty. Will be interesting to see what happens to the Majesty fares now.

I think you've hit the nail on the head Kruzseeka; the prices will be high on the Celebration - look at how high the Adriatic prices have always held even on the Majesty. Will be interesting to see what happens to the Majesty fares now.

I agree Jules the Adriatic itinerary has always been a winner and the prices have held up. With Celebration which has always been popular doing that area too it could mean a marked difference in uptake and therefore prices.

I wonder why, given that, they haven't put the Celebration in Corfu and Majesty in Dubrovnik. Perhaps there are residual issues about having Celebration in Corfu (we remember the debacle there from some years ago - very upsetting for crew and passengers who witnessed them having to go home). Or perhaps it's the size of Majesty re sailing into Venice since apparently it just tops the 40K tonnage limit (but the news on this seems to be changing all the time). Although did Sailaway indicate some Majesty sailings to Venice?

It will be very interesting to see what the itineraries on Majesty are going to be. If they are also very attractive with some new exciting destinations then that will be the critical issue I think. Lots of calls at Santorini could help! :D:D An emphasis on the Greek Islands would still be popular I think. Will be very interesting though - and no doubt you, like me, will be watching the price ups and downs! ;):D

Spirit confirmed to be going from Marmaris.

Regional flights to DBV include Glasgow, Newcastle and Bristol.

Celebration's itineraries to be called 'Adriatic Affair', 'Croatian Classics', 'Grecian Legends', and 'Taste of the Adriatic'.

Ports to include Sibenik, Korcula, Rovinj, Split, and Hvar in Croatia, Trieste, Bari, and Brindisi in Italy, and Corinth and Itea in Greece.

Spirit and Majesty to receive makeovers and also to join the Platinum collection.

Spirit confirmed to be going from Marmaris.

Regional flights to DBV include Glasgow, Newcastle and Bristol.

Celebration's itineraries to be called 'Adriatic Affair', 'Croatian Classics', 'Grecian Legends', and 'Taste of the Adriatic'.

Ports to include Sibenik, Korcula, Rovinj, Split, and Hvar in Croatia, Trieste, Bari, and Brindisi in Italy, and Corinth and Itea in Greece.

Spirit and Majesty to receive makeovers and also to join the Platinum collection.

Wow! That is interesting! Will be good to have the upgrades on M & S. Not likely to have any new ships though! I suppose we knew that though on the basis of the extended leases from Louis.

Sounds like some good new ports. :D

I hope there are improvements to the Majesty as I really want to do the Adriatic but Celebration will be out for us my very well behaved teenage daughter will be banned even though she is classed as an adult when it comes to paying!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile

Trust Thomsons, just when I had decided not to go next year they throw something very appealing into the mix.:rolleyes:

I really think they could be on to a winner. I have a friend who is P&O through and through and she has been moaning about the lack of any exciting itineraries in the new brochure (already out!). Mind you I still don't think she would go with Thomson (a tad snobby;)) but a lot will, especially if it's adult only.

I agree about prices I think this may be one area where it might be best to grab any opening offers.

Edited by happy v

I am so exited by these new Dream and Celebration itineraries.

La Spezia and San Remo in the Ligurian Riviera!!

Carasonne (on my bucket list) and Elba.

All those brilliant Croatian Itineraries for Celebration and Corinth (Corinth Canal on my bucket list).

You've pulled a rabbit out of the hat here, Thomson :D

PS. Please stop calling your ships platinum when they clearly are not. Just call it a welcome upgrade and no-one's expectation will be dashed. Thanks.

Edit.

Just realized I missed Majesty out.

For all those Majesty fans out there, exciting new Adriatic Itineraries should allow you to a return to the Adriatic but with different itineraries to places such as Ravenna, Albania, Crete and Croatia.

Now, wonder what Spirit will be doing??????

Gosh - tell it as it is eh? Quite a criticism of Thomson management - but then again does that surprise us? I think we all have tales to tell in terms of poor admin and management decisions and confusing, even wrong, information. :rolleyes:

Not on FB Linda so keep us posted on here of any further developments! ;)

Gosh - tell it as it is eh? Quite a criticism of Thomson management - but then again does that surprise us? I think we all have tales to tell in terms of poor admin and management decisions and confusing, even wrong, information. :rolleyes:

Not on FB Linda so keep us posted on here of any further developments! ;)

Will do! if Julie or Jackie don't beat me to it :D

Will do! if Julie or Jackie don't beat me to it :D

Ha ha ha! Linda - I've been working all day so lots of catching up to do on all this! Well done for finding the Travel Weekly link; interesting news & true & interesting comment from someone in the Travel Industry.

Ha ha ha! Linda - I've been working all day so lots of catching up to do on all this! Well done for finding the Travel Weekly link; interesting news & true & interesting comment from someone in the Travel Industry.
Can't take all the credit for it Julie :o Someone had put something on fb about it, so Googled Celebration homeport Dubrovnik and found that :)

New blog post:

http://sailawaycruiseblog.wordpress.com/2014/03/24/thomson-cruises-announce-summer-2015-schedule/

In it is the FULL itineraries for Celebration including the sail dates for all four.

Also included are three new itineraries on Spirit, three new itineraries on Majesty and one new one on Dream.

Confirmed that 24 April is the release date.

I have to say, I am VERY impressed. A shame about no ex-UK itineraries, but so far, these seem to be the best fly-cruises they have ever offered.

Great new itineraries on Celebration. New Greek ports are nice to see also.

I expect on Majesty there to be another Aegean itinerary (hopefully with Santorini) and the usual Adriatic Explorer.

Spirit's seem better too. No Egypt return. Beirut is a surprise though! Love the look of the Undiscovered Aegean itinerary - exactly what I hoped they'd do. Some smaller, less known places. Black Sea still there, but only just. Only Nessebar in the Black Sea, and then just Istanbul and Mykonos on the itinerary. Can't see this one being that popular really. Hoping that the 14 night Black Sea itinerary will still be there. Also expect Ancient Wonders itinerary to make a return.

Dream's new one looks interesting too. Tuscan island of Elba and the return of La Spezia!!!! :D :D

Definitely looking forward to these itineraries being released. Going to be hard to choose for next year (the opposite of this year which I've found disappointing). Overall, thumbs up Thomson. Again, things haven't been as great recently regarding food, customer service etc., but these itineraries are going to be hard to beat next year.

Yes some very interesting and appealing itineraries. Good to see Sete back as we were diverted to somewhere(?) for St Tropez when we were supposed to go there. We had Carcassonne in our sights at that call so might get a second bite at that one. And La Spezia for the Cinque Terre is a fantastic destination.

In fact they really have surpassed themselves in terms of itineraries. It really is their strength especially given concerns about other things which may have slipped. It could be the saving grace! But I hope that doesn't make them complacent though.

Think it will give P&O something to think about. Now they have ventured into fly/cruises in the Med they need to be more inventive with itineraries - comparatively I think they are pretty unimaginative except for the overnights in Venice. I think Thomson could have made use of that idea.

Edited by kruzseeka