Livorno to Florence

irishayes

We want to take a Tuscan winery tour while in the port of Livorno.

Having difficulty finding others to share an excursion with, leaving directly from the port.

We have, however, found several winery tours we could join that leave from Florence. But we are wondering what is the fastest way to get from Livorno to Florence and back again?

If we are in port from 7 am to 7 pm, and the tour from Florence leaves at 9:30 a.m. and returns to Florence at 5:00 p.m., would we have time to get back to Livorno before 7 pm departure? Or is this pushing it?

This is absolutely not possible, sorry. Have you signed onto your roll call to look for others to share a tour with you?

You might be able to get there in time in the morning, but you couldn't get back. If you could make the 7:43 train from Livorno you'd get to Florence at 9:22, if the train is on time. That doesn't leave you much time to find your tour group.

For a 7 PM departure you'd want to be on board at 6:30 PM. To make that you'd need to be at the train station in Livorno no later than 6 PM and pray that you can get a cab to the port. If you need to use public transit and the ship's shuttle you'd need to be at the train station by 5:30 PM.

The last direct train that could get you there, with virtually no margin for error, departs Florence at 4:28 PM and arrives at Livorno at 5:48.

I always advise people to take the next to the last train, to allow for lateness, mishaps, etc. In your case that would be the 3:53 from Florence that arrives at Livorno at 5:27 (after a change of trains in Pisa).

Edited by euro cruiser

Sigh... I have posted several times on our roll call regarding sharing a wine tour, but have had no interest in it. I'll keep looking for private tours that are not ridiculously priced. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk