The haven on the getaway

connes1

We have never sailed ncl but were thinking about it. We wanted to book a room in the haven. We don't know if the amenities for the Haven worth it. I've read that in the Haven pool area people "reserve" chairs and it can get pretty crowded. I also wanted to know about the haven restaurant and is there a cocktail hour at night. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks:-)

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

We're sailing on the Breakaway in the Haven in June and have heard that the Haven courtyard isn't crowded and always an abundance of chairs, etc. Hopefully, this is the case. Interested to see what others say about the Haven courtyard on the Epic...

Hi...I sailed in the Haven on the BA last summer. There was no specified 'cocktail hour' although there was a 'party' with the captain' that included free drinks and snacks in the Haven complex.

My party of 8 never used the actual pools etc. of the Haven until the last night so I can't speak to the other times, but I will say that every time we walked through or by the Haven, we never saw chair hogs or out of control children.

We used the facility the last night around 6:00 or so when many folks would be at dinner so it was empty!! I call it the cherry on the Breakaway sundae!!!

Whenever I saw the Haven (which was often because it was on the way to my suite) I never thought it was overly crowded!

Have a great time!:)

In all of my Haven cruises - Epic and Breakaway included, I have never had a problem finding loungers in the Haven Pool area, hence, possibly why no one is saving chairs.

Walking by in the morning, there is no evidence of "chair hogging", no books, towels etc, with no people around.

There are servers and attendants in the pool area, possibly they monitor guests better than public areas

Everything in the Haven is Wonderful~!

I don't (yet) have experience on Getaway, but the Haven sundeck on Epic was never crowded or devoid or available loungers.

With regard to a cocktail party, I don't ever recall one, but you could certainly create your own!

Cheers!

We're sailing on the Breakaway in the Haven in June and have heard that the Haven courtyard isn't crowded and always an abundance of chairs, etc. Hopefully, this is the case. Interested to see what others say about the Haven courtyard on the Epic...

We were on the Getaway a few weeks ago in The Haven. Calm and uncrowded. Really, we were impressed as it was apparently full and we never, ever had to look for a chair. See my video of The Haven below.