Transfers to Port Canaveral

MrsCruise2007

Hi-we will be a group of six flying into Orlando hopefully the day before we set sail. We will have two small kids with us (5 and 2.5 years old) and I am not sure what to do about car seats. If we go on a private van or shuttle (that isn't a bus) I believe we would need our car seats - but I have never navigated car seats through an airport and then had to cram them into a small cabin on top of every thing else. Would we better off to just take an early flight on Sunday and take the cruise ship transfers to avoid the car seat hassle? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi-we will be a group of six flying into Orlando hopefully the day before we set sail. We will have two small kids with us (5 and 2.5 years old) and I am not sure what to do about car seats. If we go on a private van or shuttle (that isn't a bus) I believe we would need our car seats - but I have never navigated car seats through an airport and then had to cram them into a small cabin on top of every thing else. Would we better off to just take an early flight on Sunday and take the cruise ship transfers to avoid the car seat hassle? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There will be Private taxi firms that can provide car seats for you, like FLTOURS.

DCL transfers are expensive, so save money.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

Every private towncar/limo service I've ever used or heard of supplies car seats. If you opt to rent a car and drive yourself to the port, you can either rent them from the car company or use your own. If you use Budget both ways, they will store your car seats for you while you cruise. This is not an "official" thing, just something the Port Canaveral location does for cruisers.

It is really a matter of cost vs. convenience. Renting a car or minivan will cost less but be a hassle. Using a car service will be much easier but cost more.

DO NOT fly in the day of the cruise. That is too much stress, too much can happen. It is well worth the cost of the night in a hotel to be safely in Orlando the evening before the cruise. If you WANT to take DCL transfers, you can use a hotel in the MCO area and return to the airport via the hotel shuttle to catch the DCL bus. There are hotels that offer transportation to the cruise terminal as part of a package (these are located both in the MCO area and the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area). In MCO area--Hyatt Place NW, Hampton, and Wyndham have cruise stay specials. The Hyatt Place NW was a bargain when we did it.

Orlando airport towncar - provides car seats. I have used them twice. I'm just not sure if you can fit 6 in any if their cars. Budget is soooo slooooow. But you can rent car seats from them and really I was not disappointed with the car seat. The slowness was horrible!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Orlando airport towncar - provides car seats. I have used them twice. I'm just not sure if you can fit 6 in any if their cars. Budget is soooo slooooow. But you can rent car seats from them and really I was not disappointed with the car seat. The slowness was horrible!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The key to dealing with Budget is to join their loyalty program. This allows you to skip the line at inside the terminal at MCO (which is horribly slow) and go directly to the garage to pick up your keys. I read something on line about still needing to go to the inside line for your first rental--this was NOT my experience. Fist time after joining, we went directly to the garage with no problem. The garage is directly across the "street" (really a car lane of the terminal) from the terminal and baggage check. And drop off after the cruise is FAST. The agent was at the car before I was even out of it.

• 3 weeks later...

We used a private company called Star Trans-vip and they provided two car seats for free. First of all i do not want to take any chances and i just can not imagine a 45 min trip with my toddler being "free" : ) i would loose my mind!

In january We (me, wife, dd3, dd5) Flew into orlando the day before our Fantasy cruise, Stayed at the Hyatt Regency in the airport, then took the Disney cruiseline shuttle to the port in the morning. Worked out great and did not have to worry about car seats! Plus your in a day early that way and already at the airport to catch the busses to the port! BTW really enjoyed the Hyatt MCO would stay there again in a heartbeat. and lots of good chain restaurants in the airport (we ate at Macaroni grill) Just FYI

We always bring our own seats just because we are familiar with them and know if they are installed correctly. Haven't had any problem storing them in the cabin. On the Fantasy last year the easily fit under the bed. On other ships we have put them in the closets.

No need to navigate the car seats through the airport (unless you are using them on the plane). Just check them with your bags. Most airlines don't charge for checking carseats and strollers.

Definitely fly in the day before!

We also used Ace Luxury for transfers and they were great.