Prepaid visa card to book cruise?

bigbro501

Make sure there is more money than needed on the card. I did this once and would never do it again. Something was up with the amount of authorization and it would not let me use the total amount on the card for the purchase (took me over a week making payments every day).

Anyone ever used a prepaid visa card to book a cruise? Will they allow this? Four of us are going on a cruise and we dont want to have put on one of our credit cards.

I have used prepaid cards before. If it's a reloadable prepaid card, then you should have no problems. If it's a single value prepaid card (like a Amex gift card), then I recommend you keep the card until u return from ur cruise.

A few years back, someone in our group cancelled and the cruise rep accidently refunded my prepaid gift card (it was a non-reloadable card that I got for a rebate). By the time the credit was issued, I had tossed the card. :eek::eek: Luckily, I had registered the card online and Visa was able to issue a new one. :D

I have used prepaid cards before. If it's a reloadable prepaid card, then you should have no problems. If it's a single value prepaid card (like a Amex gift card), then I recommend you keep the card until u return from ur cruise.

A few years back, someone in our group cancelled and the cruise rep accidently refunded my prepaid gift card (it was a non-reloadable card that I got for a rebate). By the time the credit was issued, I had tossed the card. :eek::eek: Luckily, I had registered the card online and Visa was able to issue a new one. :D

For those type of cards (we get them for Staples rebates) it's best to buy a gift card for the store THEN buy what you want with the gift card.

For those type of cards (we get them for Staples rebates) it's best to buy a gift card for the store THEN buy what you want with the gift card.

Using a gift card to purchase another gift seems like too much of a hassle for me. Now, I just use them to pay my cable or phone bill. That way I can use the full balance in one transaction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk