Sunshine vs Liberty

x98bjv

I haven't been on either, but for my tastes, I would definitely pick the Liberty. The Liberty has much better production shows in the main theater, while Sunshine has the pathetic Playlist Productions. Sunshine carries more guests than Liberty, but Liberty is bigger, so that would make you think that Sunshine would be more crowded, and reports seem to be backing up that theory. The public space to guest ratio on Sunshine is quite a bit worse than on Liberty. But Sunshine does have better waterslides, a nice serenity area (if you can find an open chair), and a couple more extra-pay restaurants. It depends on what you want out of a cruise.

Edited by k2excursion

The Liberty shows won't be better for much longer as they will also be switching over to the more digital 2.0 shows soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Where have you heard this? I'm just wondering, because I haven't seen that there are any scheduled drydocks for the Liberty, and those lame shows have only been put onto ships in drydocks. I'm sure that there will be a drydock for Liberty eventually, but there are none scheduled for anytime soon that I see. Am I missing something? Or do you have some insider information that the ship will be changing over the shows on the fly, without a drydock? I really hope not!

Edited by k2excursion

I actually have cruises booked on both ships from Port Canaveral to Aruba, Curacao and Grand Turk. I will be on the Liberty first in May and Then the Sunshine in Dec. I had already booked a family cruise for December and I got the free cabin letter, so decided to book the same ports and check them out. I have been on the Destiny, so I am looking forward to seeing the difference.

I would sail on the Liberty. I didn't like the redo of the Liquid Lounge and the Limelight Lounge where the comedy shows and karaoke take place has seating that is BEHIND the performer..........too small and cramped.

Also, the Liberty has the new American Table/Feast menu's and I would really like to try those.

Never been on Sunshine but loved the Liberty, so much so we're going back in may. We liked the spacious feel to the liberty and all the features. Sunshine does not really appeal to me because its smaller and would be more crowded. Also, alot of the reviews are not the greatest and it costs more, at least on cruises we compared.