Have you ever been the first to book?

Vitality08

With being able to book online and via TA, it is very difficult to determine if you are first. However, I have been the first to "check-in" for a cruise :)

I was curious if a rep ever told someone while they were booking. I guess even that might be hard to tell if TA buy or reserve blocks of rooms.

we were the first onboard one time on the Sensation......it was our first time Platinum and we got to the port pretty early and no weddings or diamonds so it was My Wife, Son, and I walking down the long hall to the gangway and we got onboard before the other people walking beside us.......our Son loved this and thought it was cool! Of course there were the back to backers who beat us but hey still cool!

With being able to book online and via TA, it is very difficult to determine if you are first. However, I have been the first to "check-in" for a cruise :)

We were too. We even had to wait for the agents in the terminal to get settled behind the counters before they could check us in.:)

I have no clue if we were the first to book our cruise, but we booked over a year out! This will be our first and money is tight so we picked what we wanted when we knew we could go (7 day Western in May) and went ahead and booked last April so we could make payments. I have nothing to compare it to, but this has definitely been a good way for us to do it -- we were able to stagger cruise payments, flights, and excursions without having a ton of money due at once. Now, if I were going on a shorter 3 or 4 day cruise out of a port I could drive to (i.e., Charleston), I wouldn't book out as early as we did for this one because the costs would likely be more manageable. It all depends, I guess.

I wonder how you would know (or anyone would know) if you are the first?

I guess I was imagining being on the phone with the agent to book and the agent would had the ability to instantly see that the ship was empty still. Someone earlier mentioned that even the agents don't see the entire availability but maybe just the area or category the customer is interested in so I guess it's unlikely the agent would know if you were first and if they don't know, it's be impossible for the customer to know.

I guess if someone booked as soon as the itinerary was available they could reasonably assume they were at least one of the first.