Call wait time

mrobstad

Twenty minutes on hold after receiving 3 letters about cruise docs. I called the number listed, tried again to input passport number, and the guy told me to call the number on the error message. Another twenty minutes....still on hold! Poor service for a latitudes member, new cruiser or anyone! Shame on you, NCL!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

64 minutes on Thursday

When I got thru, discussed what I needed to be done, I received an e- mail confirming my air travel.

With someone else's name.

And I did not purchase air anyway.

I called to find out why a refund for an item I had cancelled had not yet posted.

Oy

It took me three days of twenty minute waits to finally get through CAS to book a cruise. Seems like a lot of hassle to spend thousands of dollars. I would wait til insanity set in then hang up.

Ever thought about using a travel agent? We do and get best deals out there plus other benefits. Takes only a few minutes to give details of your planned vacation and then let him/her take care of the time consuming booking, track changes, make air arrangement etc.

Ever thought about using a travel agent? We do and get best deals out there plus other benefits. Takes only a few minutes to give details of your planned vacation and then let him/her take care of the time consuming booking, track changes, make air arrangement etc.

Exactly. Agents have a booking portal that can handle 99% of issues without ever having to place a call.

Not an option for me,I have to use CAS for discounts.

I'd consider it...but my issue was I couldn't input my passport info for cruise docs. Can an agent do that? I'm also looking for a second upgrade due to price drop. Can an agent do that? Thanks!

I'd consider it...but my issue was I couldn't input my passport info for cruise docs. Can an agent do that? I'm also looking for a second upgrade due to price drop. Can an agent do that? Thanks!

Not sure of the first but I know for CERTAIN they can do the second. Mine did it twice for this last cruise.

Twenty minutes on hold after receiving 3 letters about cruise docs. I called the number listed, tried again to input passport number, and the guy told me to call the number on the error message. Another twenty minutes....still on hold! Poor service for a latitudes member, new cruiser or anyone! Shame on you, NCL!

I just gave up after 15 minutes on the general number. I'd been excited just to get on hold as I'd been calling shore excursions like a radio contest for two solid hours. I am going to email them.

Very unhappy that my $$$ was not refunded for Tunis excursions booked last October. When the port was canceled by NCL, immediate refunds should have been issued. They were not. Someone linked the policy that indicated you should get a refund but one should not have to spend half a day trying to get it before running up more $$$$ on the credit card for a replacement excursion. And another credit card bill will not arrive until after we return from the cruise, so I'd not know if or when they finally got around to issuing it.

I just gave up after 15 minutes on the general number. I'd been excited just to get on hold as I'd been calling shore excursions like a radio contest for two solid hours. I am going to email them.

Very unhappy that my $$$ was not refunded for Tunis excursions booked last October. When the port was canceled by NCL, immediate refunds should have been issued. They were not. Someone linked the policy that indicated you should get a refund but one should not have to spend half a day trying to get it before running up more $$$$ on the credit card for a replacement excursion. And another credit card bill will not arrive until after we return from the cruise, so I'd not know if or when they finally got around to issuing it.

I had a similar issue when NCL changed our port of call from Izmir to Kusadasi. Instead of a refund they just applied the money from the canceled excursion to the new excursion. I am surprised they did not offer this option to you.

Whenever I had excursions cancelled by NCL they were immediately credited to my onboard account.

Edited by khaide612
spelling

Whenever I had excursions cancelled by NCL they were immediately credited to my onboard account.

Feel like I won the lottery! The shore excursions line put me on hold for a mere 20 minutes this time. Although Tunis was canceled at least two weeks ago, they had not yet refunded the excursions. The person began the process on mine and said it might take a while. I don't know why it was not immediate since it was a corporate decision not to go to Tunis. No rush to return money from their point of view, I suppose.

Unfortunately, unlike the two ports in Turkey where they can perhaps provide the same excursions from a different port, we are just plain out of luck for Tunis. And Tunis (Carthage) was the reason we booked this cruise. Many of the other ports are repeats.

We had a similar experience as the one mentioned above for Turkey when we went to Israel off the Jade. Ashdod had to be canceled (quite understandably) but all the same excursions ran from Haifa which worked out just fine.