2 Words For Those Fearful Of Solo Sailing

Tralfie

DO IT.

I planned my Breakaway trip (the review of which is in my signature) for about a year. And there were times when I got very nervous... would I regret traveling solo? Would I get lonely? Would feel self-conscious?

In the final analysis? It was probably the best trip I've ever taken, with or without people, in my entire life.

One reason? The fact that I was active in my Cruise Critic Roll Call in the months leading up to it. By the time I walked into the Meet & Greet, I was psyched to meet people and had others who were excited to meet me. I wound up having people ask me to join them for dinner, I had drinks with people, heck, I wound up having a great time with Tita, from the boards, who wound up in the aft-facing balcony next to mine!

It was, in short, awesome. So again, I return to those two words:

Do it!

Got questions?

Ask away!

Ricahrd/Tralfie

Tralfie, great review! I'll be on the Breakway solo on April 27 and it was super-helpful. One question...was Vibe really worth it? A lot of people say there's enough adults-only space in Spice H2O, plus it looks like there's a nice area near the Vibe? I definitely want a Spa pass, just trying to decide whether I need that AND a Vibe pass.

Tralfie, great review! I'll be on the Breakway solo on April 27 and it was super-helpful. One question...was Vibe really worth it? A lot of people say there's enough adults-only space in Spice H2O, plus it looks like there's a nice area near the Vibe? I definitely want a Spa pass, just trying to decide whether I need that AND a Vibe pass.

Great question.

If you think you would use the spa, I'd say get that and NOT the Vibe. While I did buy the Vibe pass, I really only used it one day. It's a GREAT area, and it's nice having the hot tubs away from the crowds. But the nice thing about the spa pass is that you'd be able to use it all week, rain or shine, good weather or bad. I'm not really a spa person, so if I was to do this ship again, I'd consider the Vibe pass again... especially if I was going at a time of year when it was more conducive. I mean, sailing out of NYC in early March, we obviously lost the first and last day as far as hanging outside.

The last time I cruised we practically LIVED in the spa. But I was a Thanksgiving cruise on the Jewel out of NYC, and the weather was unseasonably cold and windy the whole time. I'm leaning towards the spa pass again this time, rather than Vibe, because it sounds like I can find outdoor space somewhere on board when I want it.

One more question...did you book shows ahead of time? Seems kinda silly for just one seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

T

One more question...did you book shows ahead of time? Seems kinda silly for just one seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you're making the right call. I found there to be plenty of space, especially once you moved away from the main pool area. I try to stay out of the sun because I have melanoma issues, but I found lots of places where you could sit in or out of the sun.

I DID book my seats ahead of time, mainly because I just wanted to make sure that I actually had one. But I wound up missing most of the shows. I saw Rock Of Ages on the night I had it reserved, and had a great seat in the front row! (But there were plenty of other places to sit, especially just one person.)

Richard