Required document for booking disabled cabin?

stalkey1

Hi,

I have scheduled a medical procedure and my doc will issued a temporary handicapped parking permit as I will be in a wheelchair or on crutches during recovery.

I am going to book a cruise shortly and I would like to reserve a disabled accessible room.

There is some uncertainty as to when I will receive the temporary disabled permit and for how long it will last.

So my question is, when I book will I be required to have some type of permit number to give them? Or will I be asked for it later when I actually board?

Thanks

Hi,

I have scheduled a medical procedure and my doc will issued a temporary handicapped parking permit as I will be in a wheelchair or on crutches during recovery.

I am going to book a cruise shortly and I would like to reserve a disabled accessible room.

There is some uncertainty as to when I will receive the temporary disabled permit and for how long it will last.

So my question is, when I book will I be required to have some type of permit number to give them? Or will I be asked for it later when I actually board?

Thanks

A Handicap Placard permit number is not required to book an accessible. Nor is a letter from your Doctor.

To book an accessible cabin the individual (or an individual for whom the cabin is being reserved) has to have a mobility disability or a disability that requires the use of the accessible features that are provided in the cabin. The requirements are the same whether it be temporary or permanent disability.

Most cruise lines require that a Special Needs Form be completed which by completing the individual ( or an individual for whom the cabin is being reserved for ) is certifying the need for such a cabin. Some Cruise lines such as RCCL require your to check a certification box when completing filling out the on-line Set Sail Pass. If the cruise line determines that an individual lied regarding certification it has the right to move the person out of the accessible cabin or even bump the individual from the cruise.

Most cruise lines require that a Special Needs Form be completed which by completing the individual ( or an individual for whom the cabin is being reserved for ) is certifying the need for such a cabin.

That's what I've experienced. Short-ish form verifying that I need HC cabin.

We just sailed on Liberty AND Oasis and we didn't fill out any forms for the accessible rooms which we had on both ships.

I'll be leaving next month on the Freedom of the Seas, and I had to fill out the special needs form for my handicapped room to accommodate my ECV.

We just sailed on Liberty AND Oasis and we didn't fill out any forms for the accessible rooms which we had on both ships.

When you did your online check-in for the RCCL Liberty and Oasis there was section in which you were required to check the box verifying the need for the cabin. You most likely did that and don't remember doing so.

I'll be leaving next month on the Freedom of the Seas, and I had to fill out the special needs form for my handicapped room to accommodate my ECV.

You will also be required to check the same box when doing your on-line check-in for the Freedom of the Seas.

Edited by xxoocruiser

I have been using accessible cabins on several lines for the past seven years and have found the planners at each to be very helpful in taking the information that is needed and once on record, I have not had to repeat this since it is kept on file.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When you did your online check-in for the RCCL Liberty and Oasis there was section in which you were required to check the box verifying the need for the cabin. You most likely did that and don't remember doing so.

You will also be required to check the same box when doing your on-line check-in for the Freedom of the Seas.

Yes, I've already checked-in.

• 1 month later...

My mom who cruised with us once got hurt just a couple weeks before the cruise used a wheelchair and we didnt fill anything out at all, not online or even at the port. We just went onboard with the wheelchair. It folded to get through the door of the cabin