Clothing for kids in MDR

Yes or no option only.

Do you allow the child to swim without a life vest with the dolphins?

Its not a yes or no option. Its an example of picking your battles, which many parents are familiar with.

Not a big deal if he wears shorts in the dining room. Very big deal if he swims without a life vest.

Its not a yes or no option. Its an example of picking your battles, which many parents are familiar with.

Not a big deal if he wears shorts in the dining room. Very big deal if he swims without a life vest.

agree

And to the OP, best wishes on your cruise with your nephew. Good info here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=39663508#post39663508

Wow. Sorry we get to jump ahead in some lines and not follow dress code. We certainly would take standing in line and following the dress code over autism any day. Our kids may get some "benefits", but we have to deal with autism 24/7/365. Life is hard, especially with autism. We love cruising and will continue to do so. Sorry if we get priority boarding, we will wave to you while you're standing in line to board. Unbelievable.

For everyone else, "Autism on the Seas" is amazing for anyone interested!

In general, shorts are officially on the "not permitted list" in the MDR, whether its adults or kids. Various posters have posted that their kids or others wore shorts and weren't refused entrance and I'm sure that's true. But on the other hand there have been cases of passengers refused entrance to the MDR in shorts - especially if its athletic/workout shorts as the OP mentioned. So we can definitely establish that RCI doesn't consistently enforce their rules, which shouldn't be news to anyone!

Having said that, I honestly think the picture changes with the child having Aspergers/Autism. Others have advised well to get hold of the proper RCI people who handle the Autism at Sea program. Given the Aspergers/Autism in this case, I don't feel qualified to comment on whether the child should be made to follow the posted dress code vs. an exception being made - but I'm sure the Autism at Sea people can advise you well! Have a great cruise... :)

agree

And to the OP, best wishes on your cruise with your nephew. Good info here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=39663508#post39663508

That link provided in post # 65 (my me), but OP seemed outraged by that offering as she was only interested in the dress code for young people in the MDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

(since the thread is already a mess, was looking at your signature...)

Have you made special arrangements for Serenade of the Seas to drop you off one day after you board so you can board Norwegian Dawn and not miss its sailing? :D

[quote name='nana541']That link provided in post # 65 (my me), but OP seemed outraged by that offering as she was only interested in the dress code for young people in the MDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app[/quote]

When did I seem outraged by your posting? I purposely (and numerous times) posted that I was thankful to the people who gave helpful information (obviously that included you). I'm not sure why you think I was outraged at you. I was never "outraged" at anyone, I simply clarified that my original post had nothing to do with special needs, it was a simple clothing question that got answers in the beginning that didn't relate to my question. The reason I clarified that was because people were accusing me of withholding information, when, in fact, it had nothing to do with my original question. I was annoyed that people were putting words into my mouth. I did, however, say that I was thankful that I was able to get this kind of information from a lot of kindhearted people.

On another note, if anyone knows how to close a post, let me know and I'll do it. I have no idea how to. I'm still shocked and surprised at how many rude people are out there (though I shouldn't be-and this isn't relating to the person I am replying to here), but grateful that there are still people that are decent and caring.