Vegetarian Options On Breakaway?

theantireality

Hi All!

We have a cruise booked on the breakaway coming up Feb 2015 (335 more days!) and I was just wondering if any other vegetarians have sailed on this ship. Are the restaurants accommodating as far as modifications to meals - i.e. ordering a chicken quesadilla with no chicken? Are servers knowledgeable about meal ingredients - i.e. soup made with chicken broth or vegetable broth? Are items labeled vegetarian or do you have to ask? I'm hoping that I won't have to eat salad every day! :P

Here's a link to view some of the menus~

http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-breakaway-menus.html

You will see that on the menus in the MDR they offer one vegetarian dish a night~ I also want to say there is a place on your online check in that you can mark if you have dietary needs but not sure where it is now...

Speak with the Maitre D in the restaurant when you first arrive and they will be pleased to assist. My wife is a veggie and has never had a problem. They are always eager to please and will make bespoke dishes if you wish. They have even delivered these bespoke dishes to the speciality restaurants for her so she can eat whilst my DD and I enjoy a juicy steak :).