Guy's Burger Joint

rvmike

So they have a Guys Burger Joint and yet still serve the dry burgers with the hot dogs, chicken tenders and fries buffet?

Only burgers on the ship will be Guy's Burgers (on the ships that have them). Recipe designed by Guy Fieri. One word of advice, they are much better after embarkation day. I think they make a bunch in advance and they get a little dry. After first day, they are wonderful. My favorite is a double ringer. yummee

Thanks, watch the DDD all the time, Just might have to book a cruise and try it.

Love DDD!! Love Guy as well!! Yes you must try these burgers, they really are insanely good!! And Free!! WOOHOO to that!

I just wish they'd come up for another name for the special mayo (not sure what's in it but it ain't your run of the mill mayonnaise, IIRC) other than "Donkey Sauce". It sounds vaguely..dirty. :D

I loved the Guy's burgers..never did try the Blue Iguana since I get more than enough Mexican food here at home. Hubby loved it though..compared it to Chipotle's in terms of portion sizes though.

I just wish they'd come up for another name for the special mayo (not sure what's in it but it ain't your run of the mill mayonnaise, IIRC) other than "Donkey Sauce". It sounds vaguely..dirty. :D

After tasting and comparison how do you think they got that name?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I loved the Guy's burgers..never did try the Blue Iguana since I get more than enough Mexican food here at home. Hubby loved it though..compared it to Chipotle's in terms of portion sizes though.

is it a big deal to ask for one w/o any sauces?

My husband and son both LOVE Guys burgers! They were way to greasy for me, but I'm not a big burger fan, anyway.

My 8yr old has Celiac (cannot eat Gluten) and he LOVED that he could get a Big Juicy Burger on a Gluten Free Bun! Most of the time, he eats his burgers bunless.

My husband would pile his so high with toppings, he'd have to eat it open faced with a fork!

I did enjoy the fries, and had those several time.

Just FYI- THe fries are NOT Gluten free.

is it a big deal to ask for one w/o any sauces?

Not at all. The plain burgers or cheese burgers that I have ordered didn't come with sauce. There is a toppings bar where you add it (or not). Some of the others like the ringer include sauce, but I'm sure you could ask them to hold it. They put the burger together right there in front of you.

not at all. The plain burgers or cheese burgers that i have ordered didn't come with sauce. There is a toppings bar where you add it (or not). Some of the others like the ringer include sauce, but i'm sure you could ask them to hold it. They put the burger together right there in front of you.

Thanx:)

Edited by keishashadow

I tried to make sure I was back from a port on time so I could get there before it closed at 2:30 ... loved it!!!!!

We just got off the Sunshine 2 weeks ago, Guys was open from 12-6 every day! We all really liked them, ate there more than once.

Ok..I have a REALLY stupid question.

If you want a Ringer burger..do you just go up and ask for it? Because I want to try one on our next cruise in June but I'm a little um..hesitant..to ask for anything special. Usually I just make do with a plain cheese burger and the toppings bar.

Ok..I have a REALLY stupid question.

If you want a Ringer burger..do you just go up and ask for it? Because I want to try one on our next cruise in June but I'm a little um..hesitant..to ask for anything special. Usually I just make do with a plain cheese burger and the toppings bar.

There is a sign at Guy's that shows all the possibilities. Ringer is one of those. If you don't ask, then they'll give you a SMC (single meat cheese). I've ordered double meat double cheese, ringer, double ringer. They're happy to make whatever you want. Seen some people ask for burger no bun, and some ask for just a plate of fries.

• 4 months later...

I'm sailing on the Triumph in a two days and stumbled upon a video and article that talks about a SECRET menu for Guy's Burger Joint. It talked about the Triumph specifically, but may be worth a shot to ask for the "Secret Menu" on any Carnival ship that has a Guy's.

Check it out:

Article:

http://www.cruiseshipnews.co.uk/20140812/big-tex-at-guys-burger-joint-on-carnival-triumph/

Guy's Video:

• 2 weeks later...

Trying again. Just wondered if it might be an option available upon request. Where I live, many burger joints have this option. My DH is looking forward to Guy's and I was wondering if the is a meatless "burger" option for me.

Thanks!

Edited by klct39lg
Forgot to say thanks.