Izmir tour companies?

Izmir:

Izmir is not exactly a tourist town, so your best bet is to find a private guide. We did--but he's no longer giving tours. In reality, you really don't need a guide for Izmir. When u disembark, just walk alongside the pier and u'll find what to do....It 's just like going to a regular city--there's no landmarks, etc. They're using Izmir as a jumping off point for Ephesus. There's nothing really in guide books either...Just explore...

Santorini: I think the name was Ocean Waves tours....He just took us around the island--nothing much to see, really....Went to a winery, Oia, passed by a beach, went thru the intrior of the island. It was about $110 pp a few years ago....

Dubrovnik: xplore the city on your own. Everybody wants to "walk the walls"--we found this not-so-great---it was no big deal to us...Found a market inside the city...If we ever went again, we'd take a boat at the opposite end of the city and go to the surrounding areas for a few hrs....

Hope this helps....

Thank you :)

We have been to Izmir before and the town is beautiful!! We did it on our own and went to their fabulous market. This time we wanted to do Ephesus. Looking for a tour guide recommendation for that one.

Dubrovnik-- was the wall not nice to walk?

Santorini- I thought I heard something about a cable car??

Thank you :)

We have been to Izmir before and the town is beautiful!! We did it on our own and went to their fabulous market. This time we wanted to do Ephesus. Looking for a tour guide recommendation for that one.

Dubrovnik-- was the wall not nice to walk?

Santorini- I thought I heard something about a cable car??

OK--I misread about Izmir....I think the company is Ephesus Tours that we used one time. THey don't require pmt up front, but the price gets cheaper if more people join the group. Do u have a Roll Call?

Dubrovnik: It's all about the views--everybody was saying , "oh, walk the wall, walk the wall--"--it's no big deal.. I'd have rather have gotten on a boat at the end of the city (It's a UNESCO city), and taken it to one of the outer parts. The "wall" is on top of the city--it's actually city walls that kept out all the enemies. It's no big deal, really. At least we didn't think it was. It was about 8 euros....We descended about halfway....THere is also a cable car in Dubrovnik, but again, it's about the views, and I'm not sure how to get there. Take a boat.

Santorini: Yes, there is a cable car to go from the port to Fira...Or else u can go up by donkey (we went down by donkey and I think it cured my fear of heights!) Yes, it's safe, they follow a path and there's a guide walking down with you.