Carnival private island cabana rentals

love2traveljen

I'm going to the private island for one of our cruises. And booked the cabana for the day as we have kids we would like somewhere that they can shower and cool off. Has anybody on here done this? And if so what was your experience and which one is the best to rent? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My guess is that this thread will be moved to the "destination" forum. I have not done rented the cabana myself (yet) but if you do a search in the "private island" forum in the destination category, you will find so much advice on doing this; i.e. which one is close to the pavilion, which ones are more private than others. In fact, I plan to do the same thing because we are going with such a large group.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Julia1969
typo

I have rented a cabin on Half Moon Cay and it was a life saver if you have small kids. I loved the cabin and will rent again if and when we go back . I think I had Cabin 10 or 11 . It was away from the crowd and from the bar but was a little bit of a walk to the food area.

We have rented one several times and love it. Once you get on board go to guest services and pick your number. The sooner you go the more choices you will have.

We like to get from 10 -15. For us the further away the better and we don't think it is a long walk to the food but I guess that is all relative.

As someone else mentioned this post will most likely get moved to the Ports of Call section. If you go there and click on private islands you will find many threads on HMC. I know there used to be a video showing the cabanas so if you can find that it may help you make the best choice for your family.

Have fun you will love it!

I'm going to the private island for one of our cruises. And booked the cabana for the day as we have kids we would like somewhere that they can shower and cool off. Has anybody on here done this? And if so what was your experience and which one is the best to rent? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great decision. You will have a fantastic beach day!

If you get one further down the beach from where the tenders let passengers off, you will have less problem with people wandering into your cabana.

Highly recommend it! Last time we were at HMC, we picked Cabana #14, away from the crowds, etc. Never had a problem with anyone wandering into our cabana, etc. Although if your kids are small, you may want a lower number to be closer to the kids area. Anytime I go to HMC, I'll get a cabana. We enjoyed it that much. Also, get priority tendering when you rent a cabana. :D