Sensation secrets?

libertyschool

Thanks for the reply! I had given up on this thread :) I was just wondering if there were any neat "little known facts" about the ship, hidden gems, good spots for sail away, which dining room is nicest and why ... things of this nature. I've been watching some you tube video's to get an idea of the look and studying the deck plans for layout, but it's always nice to hear firsthand stories and tips.

Sailing May 8th

Secret door in the front of Lido deck that takes you out on a deck in the front. Ask your waiter for a small cup of peanut butter if you order the chocolate melting cake. I put a bit of pb on the the end of my spoon then the cake. So yummy.

Secret door in the front of Lido deck that takes you out on a deck in the front. Ask your waiter for a small cup of peanut butter if you order the chocolate melting cake. I put a bit of pb on the the end of my spoon then the cake. So yummy.

Man this sounds so good..........I actually have not had much taste for the WMC the last few cruises but I may have to try your suggestion........sounds quite yummy!

As for the Sensation.........you will have fun on her.......I like this class of ship.....happy sailing!!!

The Sensation is a great ship. The neat thing about her is that the balconies were added during the 1.0 upgrades. Since they were added after the ship was built, the aft balconies "hang" off the back, so when you look down, all you see is water. It is incredible and somewhat scary at the same time:)

The pools are perfect cannonballing depth - just make sure that nobody minds if you do one. Also, make sure you check out the piano bar - it is a little out of the way (on Deck 8, while most of the action at night is on Deck 9). At breakfast, the buffet lines outside are much shorter outside than inside. Also, if you like eggs, take advantage of the omelet station - it is where the Mongolian Wok is for lunch - the scrambled eggs on the buffet are not for the faint-hearted. The hot tub closest to the stage is hotter than the other one. For a quiet place, check out the Serenity deck at the back of the ship on deck 9. Steer clear of the buffet for lunch - the Mongolian Wok, Grill, Pizzeria (try a calzone), and Deli are much better options. Late night snacks are available on Lido between 11:30 and 1am (check your fun times) - a cheeseburger and cookies is a great nightcap, and you don't have to wait for room service. You can use your free drink coupon (all returning cruisers get one) at the bar outside of the midship dining room on the morning or early afternoon of brunch - you don't have to eat there to use it. The library is stocked with board games to play. The are so many things to do, and never enough time to do them all - that's what your next cruise is for!

Thank you so much for all the tips! This was exactly what I was looking for. :) Where exactly is this "secret" door? All the way forward on the Lido?

Great info regarding the buffet and hot tubs too!

I've heard about her purpleness... I can deal with that :)

Can't wait for WCMC!!

Cruise director, Wee Jimmy is awesome! Be sure to get involved, it's a small ship so there's plenty of opportunity for some fun and interaction. I loved the Filipino band that would play rock covers in Michelangelos lounge. Go to tea time on the sea day, and the Sensation has the sea day brunch now too. You'll have a great time. I had only been on bigger, flashier ships but I adore the Sensation. I'll be on her May 1!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cruise director, Wee Jimmy is awesome! Be sure to get involved, it's a small ship so there's plenty of opportunity for some fun and interaction. I loved the Filipino band that would play rock covers in Michelangelos lounge. Go to tea time on the sea day, and the Sensation has the sea day brunch now too. You'll have a great time. I had only been on bigger, flashier ships but I adore the Sensation. I'll be on her May 1!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we will be on her may 1 too!! 30 more days!! i can't wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your cabin is mid-ship, look for the glass enclosed stairway on the Lido deck next to the stage. This will bring you down to the Promenade deck and the mid-ship elevators. We spent a few days going forward or aft to get to the elevators and then had to double back to get to our cabin. Finding this little shortcut made trips back and forth to the cabin a breeze!!

Happy Cruising!

Thank you! I think I will enjoy the small ship feel. I read your sensation review, great review and photos :)

Thank you so much for all the tips! This was exactly what I was looking for. :) Where exactly is this "secret" door? All the way forward on the Lido?

Great info regarding the buffet and hot tubs too!

I've heard about her purpleness... I can deal with that :)

Can't wait for WCMC!!

Yes go all the way forward on Lido and if I remember right it's on the port side.

The secret doors you hear about typically lead to the forward observation decks. The Fantasy Class ships have two, but only one is currently guest-accessible. To get to it, go one of two routes: Either go all the way up to Verandah Deck, walk forward through the port-side cabin hallway and through the wooden door at the end. You'll be above the bridge, and enjoying the best view on the ship. The alternate route is to walk all the way forward on the exterior promenade (under the life boasts) on Lido Deck. There are stairs that take you up there.

There is also an observation deck all the way forward on Atlantic Deck, accessible through the main theater. Unfortunately those decks have been re-designated as crew only in recent years.

Enjoy Sensation, she's a great ship. I had my first CCL cruise on her many years ago.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The secret doors you hear about typically lead to the forward observation decks. The Fantasy Class ships have two, but only one is currently guest-accessible. To get to it, go one of two routes: Either go all the way up to Verandah Deck, walk forward through the port-side cabin hallway and through the wooden door at the end. You'll be above the bridge, and enjoying the best view on the ship. The alternate route is to walk all the way forward on the exterior promenade (under the life boasts) on Lido Deck. There are stairs that take you up there.

There is also an observation deck all the way forward on Atlantic Deck, accessible through the main theater. Unfortunately those decks have been re-designated as crew only in recent years.

Enjoy Sensation, she's a great ship. I had my first CCL cruise on her many years ago.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Opps....I forgot that Lido doesn't have cabins, you're right it's the Veranda deck.

The Sensation is a great ship. The neat thing about her is that the balconies were added during the 1.0 upgrades. Since they were added after the ship was built, the aft balconies "hang" off the back, so when you look down, all you see is water. It is incredible and somewhat scary at the same time:)

Our aft balcony was fine. However there was a big pole when you opened the door to get into the cabin. Not many larger people would be able to get in!

The secret doors you hear about typically lead to the forward observation decks. The Fantasy Class ships have two, but only one is currently guest-accessible. To get to it, go one of two routes: Either go all the way up to Verandah Deck, walk forward through the port-side cabin hallway and through the wooden door at the end. You'll be above the bridge, and enjoying the best view on the ship.

Actually, they both are. I was on Sensation, and saw it first-hand. The one on the Verandah deck (11) is accessed like you described. There's another one on the Sun deck (14). Go to the miniature golf course with a jogging track around it. Walk on the track toward the bow of the ship. You'll see a glass wall in front of you. There will be two doorways in it. Walk through a doorway, and it'll take you to an observation area similar to the one two decks below.

The Sun deck one may not have been accessible when you checked it because the crew blocked the area due to high winds.

Actually, they both are. I was on Sensation, and saw it first-hand. The one on the Verandah deck (11) is accessed like you described. There's another one on the Sun deck (14). Go to the miniature golf course with a jogging track around it. Walk on the track toward the bow of the ship. You'll see a glass wall in front of you. There will be two doorways in it. Walk through a doorway, and it'll take you to an observation area similar to the one two decks below.

The Sun deck one may not have been accessible when you checked it because the crew blocked the area due to high winds.

I was referring to the observation deck below the bridge. It's only accessible by going through the old "secret doors" all the way forward in the main theater on Atlantic or Promenade decks.

On either side of the stage (or balcony if you're on Promenade Deck) you'll see doors leading further forward labeled as "crew only". Once upon a time guests could go through those doors to an open deck. It's right above the crew bar, and eerily dark at night.

Sent from my Tricorder