NCL Escape Nov 14,2015

RMS Olympic

Happy New Year!

I totally agree with your feelings towards the Getaway. I sailed her on Nov 29th.......was very impressed with the crew and the food. Entertainment was great although the Illusionarium was a bit of a disappointment after the Cirque show on the Epic. Got plastered at the Wine Lover musical.......

Dinned 3 nights in Cagney's......never made it to Le Bistro. Although the Brazilian Steak house was good...preferred Cagney's. Plan hitting Cagney's at least 4 times on Escape and try to get into Le Bistro. Sunset bar became the gay bar. Darwin the Bartender took very god care of me. The restaurant manager Mr. Lobo was very kind to me......sent a plate of chocolate cover strawberries, a bottle of wine and a t-shirt to my cabin......what a nice man.

Ali up at the Vibe was a great bartender and kept me laughing.

Cabin Steward yayathi was spot on....super service.

I boarded Getaway with curiosity, and few expectations......left very impressed. Makes the Escape even more exciting. If I can swing it, may try to get on Getaway in August as a warm up to Escape. If the service and overall onboard experience on Escape is anything like Getaway....I will switch my loyalty flag from Princess to NCL.

Look forward to meeting you and things that go bump in the night aka Sailing -Nut. Happy 2015!

• 1 month later...

The experience on the Getaway was so good......it makes waiting difficult. I hope this sailing is made special by NCL......maybe not her maiden voyage, but an inaugural just the same. Having learned about all the new things onboard as compared to the Getaway....one week is just not enough time to try everything. As a result I booked a May 2016 sailing...the sale including the drink package made it a great deal....so now I don't have to worry about missing anything (especially the new dinning choices).

This cruise...a balcony on deck 15, in May an outside overlooking the bow on deck 14.

NCL has really won me over.....hope the experience on Escape continues my opinion.

I plan on booking specialty restaurants for a 7:30 reservation each evening. Hope to find some others to share the table with.....especially Cagnye's and le Bistro.......calling all foodies:D:D:D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I was searching for the roll call I have joined previously and happened into this one. I have been reading about the Breakaway to get an idea of what the Escape will be like. This sounds great! I notice you talk about "Vibe." Isn't there a private, "adults only" area on these ships? What is the "pass" you are talking about?

I sailed on the Getaway.......and purchased the pass for Vibe.

Yes the H2O area in the stern is adults only and is open to all adults. H2O had a big movie screen (movies during the day), a bar and if I remember 2 hot tubs.

Vibe is a different area at the front of the ship on the starboard side of the ship that requires a pass to enter. The Vibe is a quiet sunning area with hot tubs, a long L shaped bar and really nice lounging couches. The Vibe offers limited refreshments....fruit skewers, cookies. The nice thing about the Vibe is that there are a limited number of passes for purchase ($79).....so you always have a lounge chair regardless of when you get there as compared to other areas on the ship where early risers get the choice seats. Its a private area that is very quiet yet social. If you want to sun away from the crowds its a nice option....I will be doing the Vibe on Escape...it works for me.

Hope this answers your questions.

Tom

The $79 charge was for the entire week. I found the Vibe to be a great place to get away from all the action, even the hot tubs were nice as they were always clean and not crowded.

There are umbrellas and some areas with overhangs affording some shaded areas.

vibe-beach-club-1000.jpg.42cf3a57a6f79e627a3cdac0279239e9.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

It was such a nice experience it got me recharged on NCL. If the Escape is just as good I will find it difficult to go back to Princess. I have the NCL Star booked, a second escape cruise booked and even I 2017 Epic cruise booked to the Canary Islands. I don't even like the Epic, but the price was so good and it gets me to a region I want to visit.

Right now I need to concentrate on Escape......and to plan the restaurant schedule (bought the dinner package). Figure Cagneys 3 times, Bistro twice and unsure about the other nights. Anyone else planning the specialty restaurants? I plan on 7:30 pm for dinner as the LGBT gatherings are normally at 7PM.......time for a lemon drop before dinner.

Calling dinner table mates......good conversation and vino make a meal!:D

• 1 month later...

I am so red ta go, red ta go, red ta go.

I constantly watch the you tube video Happy taken on the Getaway which gets me all charged up. I enjoy seeing so many crew I had the pleasure to meet, and speak with.

Someone just posted on Facebook that they just got off the Getaway for the second time and booked a cruise on the Escape on the way to their hotel. This tells ma the getaway experience did not slip for them a second time around. More importantly she said 80% of the Getaway crew is moving to the Escape and are very excited about the new ship. I couldn't be happier....happy crew= happy passengers:D

Lets see, cruise paid for....check.

Dinner package purchased.....check

Drink package to be purchased next month.

Excursions????? Considering the champagne catamaran in St Thomas; Tortola to be determined.

I did read that there is a local tour in Nassau that is a food tasting tour stopping at various eaterys to sample local cuisine. Intend to research this tour....never heard of it but it sounds interesting for a lack luster port of call.

Anyone else out there planning excursions?

Sailaway.....sun deck? a balcony? the Vibe?H20?

Davy...4 cruises...good for you. I have 3 booked for next year and am thinking of adding a NCL Spirit in Dec 2016. Damn that Getaway...it recharged my cruising addiction.:D

I am so red ta go, red ta go, red ta go.

I constantly watch the you tube video Happy taken on the Getaway which gets me all charged up. I enjoy seeing so many crew I had the pleasure to meet, and speak with.

Someone just posted on Facebook that they just got off the Getaway for the second time and booked a cruise on the Escape on the way to their hotel. This tells ma the getaway experience did not slip for them a second time around. More importantly she said 80% of the Getaway crew is moving to the Escape and are very excited about the new ship. I couldn't be happier....happy crew= happy passengers:D

Lets see, cruise paid for....check.

Dinner package purchased.....check

Drink package to be purchased next month.

Excursions????? Considering the champagne catamaran in St Thomas; Tortola to be determined.

I did read that there is a local tour in Nassau that is a food tasting tour stopping at various eaterys to sample local cuisine. Intend to research this tour....never heard of it but it sounds interesting for a lack luster port of call.

Anyone else out there planning excursions?

Sailaway.....sun deck? a balcony? the Vibe?H20?

Davy...4 cruises...good for you. I have 3 booked for next year and am thinking of adding a NCL Spirit in Dec 2016. Damn that Getaway...it recharged my cruising addiction.:D

I just changed my Breakaway cruise to a Getaway cruise. I've done both ships but the Getaway just seems to be a tad better. I can't wait to sail in July!!

The only thing that is paid for so far for the Escape is the drink package but only because i received it with the promotion. LOL Everything else will be paid in August!!

I have a group of 14 traveling with me, yet I'll still do my own thing as if I'm traveling solo. That's my usual cruise agenda. :-)

Curious......how is Getaway better than Breakaway? I wondered if they fine tuned Getaway based on what was learned from the first ship of this class... Breakaway?

Now the big question....will Escape be more of the same or yet another improvement?

By the way....you have an entourage of 14! Is this a fan club or just a bunch of Davy B groupies? Or support group....hair stylist, makeup artist, clothes coordinator, masseuse, manicurist, butler, trainer, food taster?

Inquiring minds want to know all the dirt, I mean facts.:cool:

Curious......how is Getaway better than Breakaway? I wondered if they fine tuned Getaway based on what was learned from the first ship of this class... Breakaway?

Now the big question....will Escape be more of the same or yet another improvement?

By the way....you have an entourage of 14! Is this a fan club or just a bunch of Davy B groupies? Or support group....hair stylist, makeup artist, clothes coordinator, masseuse, manicurist, butler, trainer, food taster?

Inquiring minds want to know all the dirt, I mean facts.:cool:

To be honest, and i don't want to be flamed, I liked the staff and the clientele better on the Getaway than the Breakaway. They were friendlier and a lot less attitude. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast all 3 times I've been on the Breakaway, but my Getaway cruise was definitely in my top 3 cruises.

My entourage of 14…Let's see, my daughter, two of my best friends and their daughter, my sister and her bf, and then some co-workers. My hair stylist keeps telling me to take her, and she would be a blast, but unfortunately, the cruise is sold out. See, nothing too exciting. ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We sure have been quiet. Final payment is right around the corner. Has anyone booked dinner or shows yet? So far I've booked Cagneys with my group and then Million Dollar Quarter on Monday of our cruise and After Midnight on Thursday of our cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All!!!!! So looking forward to Nov 14th!!! Me and my partner have been booked for eons for this and looks like we are arriving to the party late lol! Its been a long wait but its getting real close. The biggest difference about this cruise for us is we have the drinking package! Excited for this and looking forward to meeting some awesome new friends!!!

• 1 month later...