To change rooms or not to change rooms?

vacagetaway

We have an Aft Penthouse on the Getaway with our 2 teenagers and just got our taxes back and owe our sweet government more money than ever expected. Question is do we switch to 2 other cabins, either 2 regular balconies, 2 adjoining family mini suites w/balconies or 2 regular aft balcony rooms?? We save from $2,000 to $3500 doing this BUT no Haven and I have never done that before. What is your favorite area and stateroom??? I do love having balcony space and some look tiny! Thanks.

We have an Aft Penthouse on the Getaway with our 2 teenagers and just got our taxes back and owe our sweet government more money than ever expected. Question is do we switch to 2 other cabins, either 2 regular balconies, 2 adjoining family mini suites w/balconies or 2 regular aft balcony rooms?? We save from $2,000 to $3500 doing this BUT no Haven and I have never done that before. What is your favorite area and stateroom??? I do love having balcony space and some look tiny! Thanks.

Switch to a large balcony. The balconies on the minis are tiny - unless they are the M6s.

Paying your taxes and avoiding interest is definitely the way to go. The fact of the matter is that if you switch cabins your still going on vacation. Yoa alxo have to consider how much you'll use Butler and Concierge and the tipping factor could set you back monies as well.

Edited by Ilovesailing

Easy choice....switch. The Haven perks are not worth $3500 IMHO. They are nice, but not $3500 nice.

6&8

While the Haven is nice (dad's treat), I personally wouldn't spend the money on one unless money was no object. Sat and relaxed in the Haven a few times, didn't use the butler or concierge (our choice), didn't use the pool or treadmill and would rather put the extra toward our onboard bill. It ends up being your choice but that's my opinion.

BUMMER! We owed this year also(for the very first time)--wasn't quite expecting that as I had gone to HR about my withholding. Last child graduated college so no more big deductions for us.

If you could swing it, the 2 regular aft balconies would give you the largest balconies. Otherwise if balconies are that important then the large balconies at the front section of the ship. Since you are not putting 4 in the room you don't need 2 mini's. If you should decide to put all 4 in one room then a mini would be nice.

Our trip is in July and there seems to be no deals for that time frame...wonder if any other deals are coming up?? We don't make final payment until mid April..

I can choose to book by the american Ncl or by the european Ncl, and sow can you also!

http://www.ncl.eu/promotions/norwegians-wine-and-dine/

Indulge yourSELF in 7 days of Speciality Dining for FREE.* Our speciality restaurants offer the most exciting culinary adventure at sea. It’s a taste sensation and now it tastes even better. Simply book a Balcony or higher grade stateroom on board our latest, most exciting ships:

• Norwegian Getaway cruising from Miami to the Eastern Caribbean from 19 April to 27 September 2014
  • Norwegian Breakaway cruising from New York City to the Bahamas & Florida or Bermuda from 20 April to 28 September 2014.

And we’ll treat you to 7 days of Speciality Dining with our compliments*. What’s more, book a Haven Suite or higher on these cruises and we’ll top the Ultimate Speciality Dining Package with a FREE Ultimate Beverage Package. That’s really something special to savour. There’s never been an offer like it, so don’t miss out.* You can now perhapes save some money by making a new booking??

There will actually just be two in a room if we go the regular room route. My daughter is taking a friend and thought we would give them a room and us a room if we don't do the Haven..That's why we were looking at the adjoining rooms. That European deal sounds great from the previous post...I have a travel agent though, can they still get me that?? Probably should have booked all this myself so I feel like I have more control...Learning a lot on this one!!

Oh my another problem...Since I was in the Haven, I may lose $2300 due to canceling my reservation after the 120 day period. Didn't even read the fine print about that...My TA is trying to get an exception since we are just trying to change to two rooms instead of one...Guess it is a wait see on this one. Haven rules are a lot harsher than regular room rules...My fault in the long run..

Oh my another problem...Since I was in the Haven, I may lose $2300 due to canceling my reservation after the 120 day period. Didn't even read the fine print about that...My TA is trying to get an exception since we are just trying to change to two rooms instead of one...Guess it is a wait see on this one. Haven rules are a lot harsher than regular room rules...My fault in the long run..

Don't change the rooms if you are going to lose that money. Your cruise is paid for already?

No we have just applied $4500 towards the room...Still have quite a bit to go...Deposit was $2000. If we can't get the room changed with the exception we definitely will not change rooms...On top of all the tax mess, now my husband has to have shoulder surgery!! Good grief...all in all I am sure things will be fine. Regardless we will be on this vacation no matter what room we are in...

No we have just applied $4500 towards the room...Still have quite a bit to go...Deposit was $2000. If we can't get the room changed with the exception we definitely will not change rooms...On top of all the tax mess, now my husband has to have shoulder surgery!! Good grief...all in all I am sure things will be fine. Regardless we will be on this vacation no matter what room we are in...

Oh geez. I'm sorry. When it rains it pours :(

NCL wouldn't change the reservation without the $2300 penalty, so of course we are going to stay in the Haven...They do stick to the timeline...Oh well, told the DH to get to work and get lots of commissions at work...I am just going to forget it and enjoy every minute of that beautiful room!!!!!!