help needed from the great minds on CC !!

hockeyluver

I have 2 problems:

I am going with a friend on a cruise this summer. She has never cruised before so we booked a 5 day in an inside cabin. (dont want to start her out with a balcony :D) We are on the lido in a handicap cabin. (I drive special needs school bus, and she is a nurse to one of my students. )

I know they will move us if they need the cabin, I have already spoken to my pvp and told her we will gladly move if it is needed. Would you just move now? There are no other insides available on the lido. Or just wait and see.

Secondly, my sister found out that i am going on a cruise this summer. She emailed me asking what cruise we are doing , she is thinking of taking her 26yr old son on a cruise this summer. As much as I love them, I dont want them on this cruise!!! How would you go about this?

Thanks for any advice on both situations!!

I cant wait to cruise with a cruise virgin!!! it will be like experiencing everything for the first time, through her eyes!!!

In my early days I was booked by a PVP in side by side handicap cabins; we were not moved and didn't even know until we arrived that is what we had. If you are worried you might be moved and want to have control over where you are located on the ship you might want to change but that is totally up to you.

Unfortunately the second issue has happened to me as well and you really have no control over that....except to possibly make the best of it. Maybe not talk it up too much or provide much information on the sailing. Good luck.

I have 2 problems:

I am going with a friend on a cruise this summer. She has never cruised before so we booked a 5 day in an inside cabin. (dont want to start her out with a balcony :D) We are on the lido in a handicap cabin. (I drive special needs school bus, and she is a nurse to one of my students. )

I know they will move us if they need the cabin, I have already spoken to my pvp and told her we will gladly move if it is needed. Would you just move now? There are no other insides available on the lido. Or just wait and see.

Secondly, my sister found out that i am going on a cruise this summer. She emailed me asking what cruise we are doing , she is thinking of taking her 26yr old son on a cruise this summer. As much as I love them, I dont want them on this cruise!!! How would you go about this?

I cant wait to cruise with a cruise virgin!!! it will be like experiencing everything for the first time, through her eyes!!!

On the cabin question, I would wait it out and see what happens. For the sister and nephew possibly joining you...that's a tough one. Like the other poster said, I wouldn't mention it again either and stay positive even if they do book. The ship is huge, many things to do for all of you so it's not like you are really going together. Don't link the reservations and you and your friend do your thing, they do their thing(s) and occasionally do a few things together. Hope it works out and your friend enjoys her first cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have 2 problems:

I would simply wait to see if you are moved. Since you have no problem with moving if needed there will be no hard feelings. If they don't need the cabin, you've got a cabin in the location you want.

I would tell your sister you do not want to cruise with her (just be honest). You can't keep her from book the same trip as you do but you don't have to see her while on the cruise (don't link bookings, don't share a table, walk the other way if you happen to see them on board).

Edited by Out to sea!

I too, have been assigned a handicapped cabin, and not moved before my cruise. As you noted, it's no big deal anyway, but those cabins do have a much larger bathroom/shower. I'd just wait and see what happens with the cabins, and if you get moved, it'll probably be an upgrade. ;) If not, then you get the bigger bathroom. :p

In regard to your sister, that's a tough situation. We've been confronted with the same problem, and handled it pretty much as suggested above. We just didn't bring up the cruise with the party, and when she did book the cruise, we chose to see her only at dinner, and not much any other time. It's a big ship, and pretty easy to avoid some folks. :)

Hope it all works out well for you.

"SKY"

Thanks for all the suggestions, we are going to wait and see what happens. If they move us they move us oh well. It is my friends first cruise so she wouldnt know the difference about cabins :p:D

As for my sister........ my biggest problem with her is, she holds grudges.... for a long time!! She hasnt talked to our brother in a few years over a little dissagreement. She sent another email this morning asking what ship we booked on. I am kinda hoping when i tell her (if i tell her) that it is only a 5 day cruise and she wont go for that. :rolleyes: She has over 40 cruises under her belt.

I mistakenly booked a handicapped cabin on the Legend and when I realized, like you, I called and let them know I was not handicapped and offered to move-I never was moved.

That cabin was huge. I was used to insides on RCCL and WOW. I booked a porthole coming up on our Sensation cruise. I am sure I won't be disappointed, but I am also sure it is going to be a lot smaller. :D

Thanks for all the suggestions, we are going to wait and see what happens. If they move us they move us oh well. It is my friends first cruise so she wouldnt know the difference about cabins :p:D

As for my sister........ my biggest problem with her is, she holds grudges.... for a long time!! She hasnt talked to our brother in a few years over a little dissagreement. She sent another email this morning asking what ship we booked on. I am kinda hoping when i tell her (if i tell her) that it is only a 5 day cruise and she wont go for that. :rolleyes: She has over 40 cruises under her belt.

I really don't understand the problem with discussing the situation with your sister. If she stops talking to you so be it. Why are her feelings and desires more important than yours? I just don't get it.

If you tell her it is a 5 day cruise, she can very easily look it up if she knows the ship and date.....so you will be caught in a lie and make matters worse. Again...as others have stated...it is a big ship. Their cabin will not be near yours (hopefully) and the likelihood of bumping into them is slim.

OR.....just tell her that you want to dedicate all of your time with your friend, as it is her first cruise and you want to make it special for her. If she still chooses to do the same cruise...you are off the hook. You have already pre-warned her that your time is dedicated to your friend.

The cabin...STAY THERE....You will have a GREAT chance of being upgraded if they need that cabin....you will not be downgraded....Good luck to you :):)

OR.....just tell her that you want to dedicate all of your time with your friend, as it is her first cruise and you want to make it special for her. If she still chooses to do the same cruise...you are off the hook. You have already pre-warned her that your time is dedicated to your friend.

Those were my thoughts exactly. I would be honest with her and give her the cruise information but tell her that you are booked with your friend who is a first time cruiser and that your time is already dedicated to her. Then if she does book you did pre-warn her and she shouldn't get offended if you don't hang out with them.(Not that she won't get offended anyway, I have relatives that would). I don't know what dining you have but if you don't have it you might think about changing to Anytime Dining so that you could easily alter your dining time if necessary.

Edited by Mysticks1

Keep your cabin. They will definitely move you if they need it.

As far as your sister goes, just tell her you are going to be spending all your time showing your first time cruiser friend all there is to see and do and don't want to 'hurt her feelings' if you don't have time for her.

If you tell her it is a 5 day cruise, she can very easily look it up if she knows the ship and date.....so you will be caught in a lie and make matters worse. Again...as others have stated...it is a big ship. Their cabin will not be near yours (hopefully) and the likelihood of bumping into them is slim.

The cabin...STAY THERE....You will have a GREAT chance of being upgraded if they need that cabin....you will not be downgraded....Good luck to you :):)

It isnt a lie we are doing a 5 day, i think that might be my saving grace, I dont think she will want to do a short one.

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions. I will tell my sister the info and go from there. This is what i replied to her in the email "We are doing a 5 day on the Victory Aug 18th, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau I gave colleen a list of itineraries and told her to pick one. LOL she has never been anywhere so I am really looking forward to showing her the ship life, and beach hopping on the islands :D "

I did get a call from Carnival this morning..... first one ever :eek: but I wasnt home to take it and no message left. I messaged my pvp to see if she knew anything.

Edited by hockeyluver