Tampa Close and Reasonable?

Toad

I had an okay experience with Chase hotels. The have a package where they will pick you up at the airport, take you to the port, pick you up at the end of your cruise and take you to the airport. A Bahama Breeze restaurant is next door and all their rooms are suites. Our suite had two bedrooms/2 baths/ a living room with a sofa bed and a small kitchenette. If multiple couples splitting the cost or for a family, the price can't be beat.

Not a four star hotel experience but the folks I was traveling with were impressed with my arrangements.

BTW if you are driving, you can park your car at the hotel for the length of the cruise and the shuttle takes you and picks you up at the port.

We stayed here on 7/2. We arrived at 11pm (delayed flight from NY), slept, ate breakfast , and had the shuttle pick us up at 10am. The 2 bedroom suite was clean, nicely air conditioned, the showers worked well. The breakfast area is a little small, so we had trouble finding a table at first, but as people leave you can snag one.

The shuttle service worked fine for us except for the trip home, but we had "issues" with Hurricane Dennis so I wouldn't fault the hotel too much. They just weren't to happy to come pick us up at 1:30am and bring us to another hotel even though the manager said it would be no problem. We were lucky enough to get a lift from another hotel bus.

didan, I said an okay experience because some others have posted they did not have such a great experience. I did notice dust on the ceiling fan in one of the suites. But that did not bum me out since there is dust on every ceiling fan in my house.

I always hesitate to recommend hotels or restaurants because everyone has different expectations. I absolutely would book there again and do not think you can find better a value especially if you are traveling with more than two folks.

I loved cruising out of Tampa...

Thanks for the clarification, Cathyoo (and Sweetpea). We're going to be arriving the night before and just need a clean, safe place to stay and have breakfast in the morning. There are only 2 of us, so maybe it won't be a great bargain, but it seemed reasonable, especially given the transportation package.

Archived