past allure info needed

Hello: I would appreciate hearing any must knows, must dos or important information for allure. I just booked for April 13 2014 cruise. I am not going to have time to research it the way I would normally do. If there are any past allure cruisers that would share any info I might need for allure please let me know. I could not pass up the great price but I am so not prepared. I am so happy though.

Hello: I would appreciate hearing any must knows, must dos or important information for allure. I just booked for April 13 2014 cruise. I am not going to have time to research it the way I would normally do. If there are any past allure cruisers that would share any info I might need for allure please let me know. I could not pass up the great price but I am so not prepared. I am so happy though.

A few tips:

Avoid the Windjammer, especially during the main meal times as it gets extremely crowded. There are many free dining venues around the ship that offer great food and less crowds (Park Café, Solarium Café, Wipeout Café, just to name a few).

Try the pretzel dogs at Wipeout Café. The roast beef sandwiches and breakfast sandwiches at Park Café are also delicious.

Try to get zip lining and Flowrider done earlier in the week, they get busier as more people locate them.

Schedule your Aqua Theater show early in the week. That way if it gets cancelled (high winds, rough seas) you've got a good chance at rescheduling.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure others will chime in with more.

Edited by DarthGrady

I haven't been on the Allure, but I was on the Oasis last month. We really enjoyed the Windjammer and never found it unreasonably crowded. I agree that you should try the different options, but I wouldn't avoid the Windjammer. If you enjoy live music/dancing I really enjoyed Dazzles. Nice addition to the night club and Boleros.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pre schedule all the shows, or comedy performances online before boarding. The do have a standby line, but it's better to have your activities all planned out for the week.

Try the donuts, and be sure to hit the Doghouse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are just off the Allure Sunday. We visited the Windjammer just once. If you do not preschedule your shows go to the theater anyway. Ten minutes before the show the remaining seats are opened up. People that make reservations sometimes don't show up. If you want specialty dining make the reservations at the restaurant onboard first day. They really try to accommodate you. Try the track on deck five. The view from the aft there is beautiful! I would agree with the beef sandwiches in Park Cafe! For breakfast there you can create your own bagel. There are also granola yogurt parfaits. Listen to the birds in Central Park and then the crickets at night although you will not see a real bird or a cricket! Spa cafe has smoothies. It is a amazing ship with many many things to do!

Just off the Allure a couple weeks ago. Although the ship is large easy to get around. Just remember, your Deck 5 as your main street. You have the shows on the front of the ship, you eat on the back of the ship and pools and chairs hot tubs on the top. We did not get lost once . Main decks we used were 5 6 8 and 15 and 16. worked well for us. Would love to go again.

On one of your sea days, venture into the Windjammer after prime lunch time, and walk to the very back. From that vantage point you can see the entire sports deck, both sides, and down to the boardwalk, plus the wake. Looking aft left, aft right, aft down, then straight back, you see so much going on. It's a great reminder of what a special ship she is.

Check out this Epic Review. It's awesome.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1781792

Sent from my iPhone using Forums