Poly Cultural Center

bremmerh

We are still trying to decide if we will be going or not, but if we decide to go is there a huge difference between the Aui Luau and the Ambassador Luau. As far as I can tell the only difference is in seating are the other seats bad? The pineapple dessert we would not receive with the Aui Luau and a Lei greeting and the Aui is $30 cheaper. Just wondering your thoughts.

I had heard from someone who worked there earlier this year that the luau was now all the same. They have two or three different locations, and they'll open up more than one luau depending on the need, but it's basically the same thing in each place. I think preferred seating at the luau and evening show is the difference in the price. Also, you can buy the pineapple deelight for $5, no matter where you are sitting. :)

We were there in June and did the Super Ambassador package. I can understand people wanting to save money, even the Ambassador packages are fairly expensive, but the biggest difference is the guided tours that are offered with the Ambassador packages.

We spoke with people who had been there before and not taken the guided tour and they kept winding up in places where nothing was going on when they were there. There are specific times for events at each of the villages and the tour guides make sure that you are there when things are going on. They are also able to provide additional information about the villages and cultures at times, espcially since they are from one of the countries represented there.

Of course, you could probably tag along behind one of the guided tours, I didn't notice that people were but I suspect it does happen.

It's a very busy day, starts about noon and we didn't leave till almost 10:00pm. The Horizons show is absolutely wonderful and takes the last few hours of the visit there, with the laua taking place before it. There are actually several dining venues, and the Ambassador packages have other choices that are available, although the laua is a lot of fun.

Enjoy your day there if you go. I definitely recommend the guided tour if you can swing it, if not, make sure to follow the large crowds to get as much out of the villages as you can.

Archived