Just booked the Escape TA! Super excited!

OK, so we have never done an inaugural TA before. Is there anything that we should know or expect that might be a bit different from the usual cruise? Do these usually sail fully booked? I know it's a long way off but any information would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Steve and Sharon

The main difference is that you will have 10 days where the biggest decisions you will have to make are where to eat, drink, and what shows to see. No rushing off to see ports of call. You can't get any more relaxing.

There may be some teething troubles, but hopefully nothing major. I believe the last ship to have any major problems was the Epic, but don't go onboard expecting everything to run absolutely smoothly. There will be kinks to iron out.

Also be aware that it won't be an official inaugural or anything like that. Makes no different to me, but I've heard quite a bit of moaning about NCL not doing anything special for it.

Generally, they sail way below full capacity. The Breakaway was about half full and the Getaway was so quiet that I believe they didn't even open all the restaurants every night. I expect the Escape to sell reasonably well as it's a new design, and it will probably pick up a few people who would usually have done the Epic at that time of year. I'd guess it will be about half full.

Finally, be aware that there are rumours that the date could change. Be careful about booking your air too early.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I too have never done an inaugural TA but I have to agree with the above poster. Use this cruise as a way to totally unwind and get a way from the world.

I think it will be a great cruise but also read of some minor issues on the Breakaway when it came across. Nothing major though. If you see something wrong, just mention it to a crew member so they can get it addressed.

Go and have a great time and remember to report back to us all the wonderful features

The main difference is that you will have 10 days where the biggest decisions you will have to make are where to eat, drink, and what shows to see. No rushing off to see ports of call. You can't get any more relaxing.

There may be some teething troubles, but hopefully nothing major. I believe the last ship to have any major problems was the Epic, but don't go onboard expecting everything to run absolutely smoothly. There will be kinks to iron out.

Also be aware that it won't be an official inaugural or anything like that. Makes no different to me, but I've heard quite a bit of moaning about NCL not doing anything special for it.

Generally, they sail way below full capacity. The Breakaway was about half full and the Getaway was so quiet that I believe they didn't even open all the restaurants every night. I expect the Escape to sell reasonably well as it's a new design, and it will probably pick up a few people who would usually have done the Epic at that time of year. I'd guess it will be about half full.

Finally, be aware that there are rumours that the date could change. Be careful about booking your air too early.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I too have never done an inaugural TA but I have to agree with the above poster. Use this cruise as a way to totally unwind and get a way from the world.

I think it will be a great cruise but also read of some minor issues on the Breakaway when it came across. Nothing major though. If you see something wrong, just mention it to a crew member so they can get it addressed.

Go and have a great time and remember to report back to us all the wonderful features

Thank you. We do love sea days, so that will be nice. We won't expect anything special (inaugural wise), just curious about general differences.

Thank you. We do love sea days, so that will be nice. We won't expect anything special (inaugural wise), just curious about general differences.

Sharon,

The real difference I found on the Getaway's Transatlantic Crossing was the number of people on board both from Meyer Werft (the ship builder) and Norwegian Corporate office. Those from Norwegian were management type people. We did have one extra ride along Chief Engineer. Captain Rune spent the few few days roaming all over the ship without his name tag, even hosted Trivia one morning. He had so much fun and it was fun to watch.

Mandy