haven upgrade worth it?

tlreze

If you were offered the Haven on the NCL Dawn (over 6500 sq ft) for $5000 even (no taxes) upgrade price with 5 people would you do it? Almsst out of time and got the call today, can't decide, unless someone decided for me and already took it....I know it's gorgeous but that is a lot of extra money

Edited by tlreze

$5000 is a lot and that's $1000 additional for each person. No doubt everyone would enjoy the Haven and all the perks including more space. But it's a decision only you can make.

Good luck and no matter what decision you make I'm sure you'll have a great cruise:)

Va.Plumber's question is a good one. If $5000 is the total price and not in addition to what you have already paid then it might be a good deal.

Edited by kcwingwalker

Does Dawn even have a dedicated Haven Restaurant and Bar/Club like Epic, Getaway or Breakaway? If not, I would NOT pay $5,000 extra. If so, depends on how much money you have to burn I guess.

yes I meant the 3 bedroom villa and the $5000 in in addition to what I already paid...officially we have another family suite with 2 in it but they won't give me anything to move them with us. They said they can use Villa and keep room or move to villa and get no credit.........sooooo torn, once in a lifetime since the upgrade came because of 5 and nothing higher. Only 2 villa's on ship

I don't believe there is a Haven on the Dawn; I think you mean a Garden Villa. $1,000 more per person is a lot of money, but I guess it would depend on what the initial cost was (what you already paid per person). For instance, if you only initially paid $500 and for a total of $1500 each (the initial $500 plus the $1,000 upgrade) and you get to go in the GV then I would seriously consider it (once in a lifetime opportunity after all). I'm pretty doubtful that you originally paid such a small sum though.

If you were offered the Haven on the NCL Dawn (over 6500 sq ft) for $5000 even (no taxes) upgrade price with 5 people would you do it? Almsst out of time and got the call today, can't decide, unless someone decided for me and already took it....I know it's gorgeous but that is a lot of extra money

If you can swing the extra $5000, then I say go for it.

I just priced it, and the approximate cost to book the Garden Villa for a family of 5 on the Dawn for the Bermuda 7 day cruise in May is 15K. (Some cruises it can cost up to 20-25K for that Villa)

So I guess it depends how much you already paid for your 2 bedroom suite.

Either way, if you can do it....it's a once in a life time thing....it's on my bucket list!

Edited by Cruisegirl2004

.....$5000 more to upgrade.

There's a lot more I could do with the $5000 rather than upgrade.

But then again, I usually don't travel with 5 people, only 2.

wasiii

Edited by wasiii

I don't believe there is a Haven on the Dawn; I think you mean a Garden Villa. $1,000 more per person is a lot of money, but I guess it would depend on what the initial cost was (what you already paid per person). For instance, if you only initially paid $500 and for a total of $1500 each (the initial $500 plus the $1,000 upgrade) and you get to go in the GV then I would seriously consider it (once in a lifetime opportunity after all). I'm pretty doubtful that you originally paid such a small sum though.

I originally paid $2199 for the 1st two or 2 bedroom suite an the other 3 were $249 each........decisions decisions....I will never be in a 2 bedroom suite to get the upgrade but damn $5k more is a lot, I almost wish they never offered it to me, so I will never 2nd guess my decision :(

I originally paid $2199 for the 1st two or 2 bedroom suite an the other 3 were $249 each........decisions decisions....I will never be in a 2 bedroom suite to get the upgrade but damn $5k more is a lot, I almost wish they never offered it to me, so I will never 2nd guess my decision :(

Don't do it. You got a good price on your 2-bedroom. If I'm reading this correctly - you paid $3k for the 2-bedroom? If not, then you paid a little over 5k for it, and now they want 5k more? Are you really going to be in there enough to justify that cost?

Don't do it. You got a good price on your 2-bedroom. If I'm reading this correctly - you paid $3k for the 2-bedroom? If not, then you paid a little over 5k for it, and now they want 5k more? Are you really going to be in there enough to justify that cost?

thanks, these are the kind of posts I need to help make my decision, I am having such a hard time

Edited by tlreze

Wow, that is tough. If my math is right, that means you paid an average of $590 per person for the two bedroom, and if you upgrade the price goes to just over $1100 per person, which I think is an amazing price for the GV. That said, if the money is all coming from one pocket (yours - and this is what it sounds like) then it is a heck of a lot of money. It would be different if it were 5 different adults each paying their own way. If it were me and I was footing the entire bill, I wouldn't take the upgrade. Then again, I'm booked in my very first suite in October and I am super excited and will be more than content, and it certainly isn't a GV :)

thanks, these are the kind of posts I need to help make my decision, I am having such a hard time

Can you afford it? Meaning - is it going to hurt you a month from now parting with the extra $5k? If it is, don't do it. If it's not .... well, you really seem like you want to. For whatever it's worth, the GV usually goes for $14k - $20K, I believe.

Edited by SissasMomE

Wow, that is tough. If my math is right, that means you paid an average of $590 per person for the two bedroom, and if you upgrade the price goes to just over $1100 per person, which I think is an amazing price for the GV. That said, if the money is all coming from one pocket (yours - and this is what it sounds like) then it is a heck of a lot of money. It would be different if it were 5 different adults each paying their own way. If it were me and I was footing the entire bill, I wouldn't take the upgrade. Then again, I'm booked in my very first suite in October and I am super excited and will be more than content, and it certainly isn't a GV :)

Okay, sorry, my math was way off (quickly plugging formulas into Excel and not checking). That said, I still stand by my initial thought - if it's all coming from one pocket book then I wouldn't do it. I agree, it would have been better to have never received the offer!

I don't know though....it's still cheaper than the room usually goes for....and you get your own hot tub...it just looks so beautiful.

I'm the little devil on your shoulder telling you to DO IT!! LOL!!

You will have a wonderful time no matter what!!

I DID it.....My children are adults and I paid for their cruise so they all decided to chip in, even the two in the family suite sine they can use it....thanks everyone for all your help

I DID it.....My children are adults and I paid for their cruise so they all decided to chip in, even the two in the family suite sine they can use it....thanks everyone for all your help

I KNEW you were going to do it LOL!! Good for you! I hope you have a wonderful time, and please make sure to come back and tell us how it was!!

I'm happy you were able to pull it off financially. I suspect it will be the trip of a lifetime for your family. Enjoy!!!

Robin

I KNEW you were going to do it LOL!! Good for you! I hope you have a wonderful time, and please make sure to come back and tell us how it was!!

I will take lots o photos....my son does great trip videos....Here is one he did from last yrs family cruise on the Gem in case anyone going on that ship