Any Aussies travelled on Pride of America recently?

Hi we are thinking about going to Hawaii in Sept and cruising on Pride of America.

Just wanted to see if anyone has travelled on her since the refurbishment and any comments about what deck is best to stay on.

Are there any other Aussies travelling on this ship in Sept?

Also if anyone has stayed in a B1 Aft facing balcony....are they big enough for 3 people? Donna

We did this cruise in May last year It is a great way to see a different island each day. All the information I needed I found by visiting Ports of Call--Hawaii and also joining the Roll Call for NCL then clicking on POM and finding my date for the cruise. These sights gave me so much info. I also read the reviews posted by other passengers who had done the cruise. Just remember they are only their opinions so go on board with an open mind. Cruising an American ship is a lot different to P&O or Carnival. I will say it was a great trip with no sea days and a different port each day.The cruise gave us an insight into Hawaii and ideas for our next trip there. Our cabin was on deck 4 so I can't help you there but go on these other sites and you will find what you need to now.

We did this cruise in May last year It is a great way to see a different island each day. All the information I needed I found by visiting Ports of Call--Hawaii and also joining the Roll Call for NCL then clicking on POM and finding my date for the cruise. These sights gave me so much info. I also read the reviews posted by other passengers who had done the cruise. Just remember they are only their opinions so go on board with an open mind. Cruising an American ship is a lot different to P&O or Carnival. I will say it was a great trip with no sea days and a different port each day.The cruise gave us an insight into Hawaii and ideas for our next trip there. Our cabin was on deck 4 so I can't help you there but go on these other sites and you will find what you need to now.

Thanks Aussiegirl.

We did this cruise in December and really enjoyed it. We had an inside on deck 9. Although my daughter never went to kids club, she was never short of something to do or someone to play with normally in the pool, while I sat poolside with a good book :)

It was a great cruise to get an overview of the islands and we look forward to doing the cruise again some time in the future.

Just did the cruise and loved every minute of it. This was my first cruise and I was lucky enough to be in a newly refurbed penthouse suite on deck 13. We are mature cruisers with no kids so can't really comment from a young families viewpoint although they seemed to be very kid friendly and fun and we enjoyed the entertainment which was very family friendly and they had a HUGE range of dining options and we never ate anywhere other than the complimentary places on offer. We enjoyed every show and on board activity and loved the mix of American glitz and hawaiiana. Shore excursions are plentiful but expensive if booked via Norwegian.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just did the cruise and loved every minute of it. This was my first cruise and I was lucky enough to be in a newly refurbed penthouse suite on deck 13. We are mature cruisers with no kids so can't really comment from a young families viewpoint although they seemed to be very kid friendly and fun and we enjoyed the entertainment which was very family friendly and they had a HUGE range of dining options and we never ate anywhere other than the complimentary places on offer. We enjoyed every show and on board activity and loved the mix of American glitz and hawaiiana. Shore excursions are plentiful but expensive if booked via Norwegian.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Bawleygirl and Punkybubbles.

I was looking at the Penthouse suites too...what category/number did you stay in? Was deck 13 a good location to everything?

We were in 13516 which is right outside the lifts which concerned me at first as on the deck plan it didnt look so close, but we found the room surprisingly soundproof and the location was incredibly convenient. Our room was lovely - very new and plush and the deck was huge and it seemed to be the right side of the ship for best views. Not sure what category it was but it had a huge king bed, a murphy drop down bed which was a small double (but fine for me as I slept on this and my 82 year old mum was in the giant king bed). We had the murphy bed left down the entire time which meant we had to move the little table and chairs up against the sofa - not sure what you would do with it if you needed to use the sofa bed as a bed also. Priority boarding and tendering was fantastic with my mum who is not great at queuing and an exclusive use restaurant for full service breakfast and lunch. The pool area and buffet area on level 11 were very accessible from deck 13. Perhaps the only con was the deck above us was the top of the ship and a sundeck and you could hear people walk on it but it was not a thoroughfare and there is nothing up there except sun lounges (no bar) so was not a constant thing. The little extras like the spa shower/bath, welcome champagne and flowers and fruit basket and the delicious evening treats delivered as we left each port to enjoy on our deck and VIP meet the captain party were fun too.