heavy traffic at port of miami 3/29

Lil Pups

We are on the Reflection tomorrow and just wondering if anyone else on this sailing received a text from Celebrity. Said text was actually a warning (yikes) There is a musical festival going on (obviously close to the pier) and heavy traffic is expected. Basically leave yourselves plenty of time to get there on time as the ship leaves promptly at 4. You had to respond to this message so Celebrity knows that you received it. Just curious Has this ever happened before? Have a great day all

We are on the Reflection tomorrow and just wondering if anyone else on this sailing received a text from Celebrity. Said text was actually a warning (yikes) There is a musical festival going on (obviously close to the pier) and heavy traffic is expected. Basically leave yourselves plenty of time to get there on time as the ship leaves promptly at 4. You had to respond to this message so Celebrity knows that you received it. Just curious Has this ever happened before? Have a great day all

Yes, Ultra is going on. Ultra is a HUGE EDM festival. A lot of my friends are going. Sadly, I cannot make it :mad::mad:

Most hotels will be sold out too

Miami students are on spring break this week (just FYI for those going to the beach, etc.)

Edited by CruisingGatorGirl

Greetings

You can see the set-up for the music fest on the Miami port cam. http://www.portmiamiwebcam.com/

I wouldn't be that worried about it, just don't try to be the last one to arrive at the ship and you will be fine.

Good Sailing

Tom

Thanks for sharing! I told my friends to wave hi :)

OP, have a great cruise!

Got the announcement via email last night. Glad they decided to be proactive about the situation. Flying in from the west coast we knew about the festival, but didn't realize how bad it was going to be until almost all the surrounding hotels were $400+/night and as it has drawn closer, most are sold out entirely.

Moral of the story, always give yourself extra time and never think about cutting it close. Having been there and done that....let's just say you don't want to be the last ones on :)