"special Offer" to upgrade you to Platinum?

Mandy923

I was looking at some Cruises out of Baltimore late Spring/ Early Summer and noticed some of the dates had a "Special offer" with them, of $100 OBC and immediate Platinum status.

Seems like a great deal!

My question is- has anyone ever done this, and how does that work when trying to reach Diamond?

For example- I'm gold (28 points). So if I received this upgrade and became platinum- would my "points" go to the lowest level of Platinum too? THen i'm that much closer to Diamond? Or would I still be at 28?

I guess it really doesn't matter- but I was curious to know.

I was looking at some Cruises out of Baltimore late Spring/ Early Summer and noticed some of the dates had a "Special offer" with them, of $100 OBC and immediate Platinum status.

Seems like a great deal!

My question is- has anyone ever done this, and how does that work when trying to reach Diamond?

For example- I'm gold (28 points). So if I received this upgrade and became platinum- would my "points" go to the lowest level of Platinum too? THen i'm that much closer to Diamond? Or would I still be at 28?

I guess it really doesn't matter- but I was curious to know.

There have been a few posts on this. I haven't done it but from what I've seen from the other posts, I am pretty sure that it is a one time Platinum status, for that booked cruise only.

So your status and points remain the same (except for the earned days sailed) for the next cruise.

To the OP sounds like a great deal and If I wasn't Platinum I would do it

BUT>>>>>SO Basically Carnival will sell Platinum status to anyone and doesn't care about the loyal cruisers that earned the Platinum status the right way:rolleyes:

What is the cost difference between the Platinum Status rate and the rate without Platinum Status.

Especially since FTTF is only $50/cabin.

Does Baltimore have FTTF?

The difference in perks for Platinum and FTTF are few.

Edited by SadieN

To the OP sounds like a great deal and If I wasn't Platinum I would do it

BUT>>>>>SO Basically Carnival will sell Platinum status to anyone and doesn't care about the loyal cruisers that earned the Platinum status the right way:rolleyes:

Or - offering a low cost incentive for people to book while giving a one time opportunity to see how great Platinum benefits are to hopefully encourage people to keep coming back to earn Platinum status "the right way".

I saw it, by doing a mock booking. But I did have my VIFP in, because I was logged in.

It was just for certain dates- I guess the ones not selling well. The $100 OBC was a nice bonus too. I'm trying to see if our schedule will work for any of the dates.

I live in Norfolk- and we've taken 3 cruises this year. So I swore I'd just wait until May 2015 to cruise again (When Splendor will be in Norfolk) but I don't think I can wait that long!

Baltimore is a 3.5hr drive for us, so still pretty easy. I've really HATED our last Flights to FL to cruise- so I'm trying to stick with Drivable ones for awhile.

I saw it, by doing a mock booking. But I did have my VIFP in, because I was logged in.

It was just for certain dates- I guess the ones not selling well. The $100 OBC was a nice bonus too. I'm trying to see if our schedule will work for any of the dates.

I live in Norfolk- and we've taken 3 cruises this year. So I swore I'd just wait until May 2015 to cruise again (When Splendor will be in Norfolk) but I don't think I can wait that long!

Baltimore is a 3.5hr drive for us, so still pretty easy. I've really HATED our last Flights to FL to cruise- so I'm trying to stick with Drivable ones for awhile.

Waving...... across the water from you :D

That was my understanding of it. All the benefits of Platinum for the one cruise.

That is the way it worked for us on the Breeze a week ago. We were at 63 days prior to the cruise. Booking showed Platinum status for the upcoming 8 day cruise. We were rushed into the platinum boarding line, and I asked about us being platinum before our time.

Agent stated that I was an upgrade given to us for this cruise, but we still got gold sail & sign cards. Got a few of the perks (priority boading) but couldn't prove them, like laundry service (didn't get and really wanted).

Oh well, we are now at 71 days and booked a 7 day Alaska cruise so I will be Platinum soon.

Edited by HawkIVette

Or - offering a low cost incentive for people to book while giving a one time opportunity to see how great Platinum benefits are to hopefully encourage people to keep coming back to earn Platinum status "the right way".

The current Platinum benefits would definitely not be enough to keep me coming back. They are not that special.

Still cannot believe that they just sell upper level loyalty status, even if just for one cruise. If anything, the deal should include FTTF status which includes some of the same benefits. They way they're doing it really cheapens the program, which already is subpar IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Whats the point of having platimum status on a cruise if Carnival is gonna give it away with bookings?

Forget the platinum line... Priority Tenders... Platinum Phone Number... If everyone has it, makes it just normal...

Stupid idea Carnival. Peeve off your Platinum members (that have earned it), while at the same time, not giving any real benefit to the ones your upgrading (and when they see it, they will have no reason to strive to be Platinum on the own)..

Just my opinion...