5 nights in Rome?

Stratheden

We have 5 nights on our own in Rome, between the end of our cruise and the beginning of another tour.

We are thinking of an apartment - centrally located so we can walk to most of the sights. We will need to walk off all the food from our cruise. :p

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Take a look at tripadvisor.com Just put in the city you want to stay in and then type of place, apartment, hotel, B & B. I trust this site. They list all the places available from number 1 rated on up. I use there reviews on every trip I take. I have done reviews on the Europe hotels we have stayed in. We will be leaving in two weeks and staying in Rome for only 2 nights so I found a B&B highly rated and close to the train station and easy walking to everything we want to see. Have fun.

How many people ? With 2 you could use a studio or a 1 bedroom. With more people a 2 bedroom and there are even some nice 3 bedroom ones……

There are tons of sites to "look around" …..

VRBO SleepinItaly Homeaway are three I have personally used (not just in Rome but in other countries as well……

but a bit more info would help….. if there are only 2 of you then I can't help since we have stayed in one 2 bedroom and one 3 bedroom apt. there…..

Yes there are just 2 of us. Thanks for the sites - I knew about Tripadvisor but not the others.

We stayed in a nice studio apartment located in the Campo Di Fiori area in November. It was just perfect and the location was awesome. If you want some info on it just email LARRY.BLACKWELL@FERGUSON.COM It was 100 euros per night and well worth it. Was aprox 550 sq ft and has all you need.

We have 5 nights on our own in Rome, between the end of our cruise and the beginning of another tour.

We are thinking of an apartment - centrally located so we can walk to most of the sights. We will need to walk off all the food from our cruise. :p

Does anyone have any recommendations?

The via ripetta25. I booked through venere.com. Beautiful hundreds of years old bldg with gorgeous renovated apts in it. All sizes. 2 blocks from piazza del popolo and parallel to via del corso

I haved spent time in Bologna and Ravenna. They are both beautiful and historic. Ravenna is a lot smaller the Bologna. The mosaics are beautiful in Ravenna. It is very easy to get around. Bologna has much to offer but I would stay in Ravenna with limited time.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out Hotel Cortina, apartment B in the back of the hotel, we stayed there for 4 nites and loved it. It's very small, but excellent service, very clean and centrally located, included breakfast too. We had a small living area and kitchenette which is great for a longer stay.

I have used Rentalinrome twice and have had great apartments in the Piazza Novona area and the Trevi fountain area. This is the apartment we have booked in October, rather expensive but I think it is well worth it. Linda

http://www.rentalinrome.com/trevifountainapartments/treviluxurypenthouse?IdRequest=69211&dtS=20141006&dtE=20141012&numPers=4

Linda, I don't think I would want to come home. ;)

Thanks everyone, lots of suggestions to follow up.

I am going to have a hard time leaving that place just to go walking around. They will have to drag me kicking and screaming all the way home. LOL

I am going to have a hard time leaving that place just to go walking around. They will have to drag me kicking and screaming all the way home. LOL

I have a hard time leaving Rome no matter where I stay ;) …. I find the city fascinating and just love it….its my favorite big city of all (altho Istanbul is a close second)